Altered images is a spontaneous space for experimental film production, videoart, installations and live music. The festival aims to showcase silent or sound movies that are open to a sound reinterpretation.
Our showcase is open to artists all around the world whose works have an experimental and innovative character.
Its goal is to create forthcoming events of live music, projections and art installations where people can enjoy the show in a relaxed and friendly environment within the London warehouse scene (UK). We’re looking for brave and risky filmmakers, who enjoy exploring the sounds and the different touch other artists can provide to their images.
We want this showcase to become a recurrent event, and each edition will be dedicated to a concrete topic. For the first edition that theme will be “Error” in the broadest sense of the word.
One of our key priorities is to look after the chosen videos that will be showcased as well as after the artists behind them. Not only by inviting them to attend the event, whenever possible, but also by providing them with a complete feedback.
Get your movie or video showcased at Altered Images and benefit from the diffusion of the event in different social media.
We will promote all the works exhibited to engage with the largest possible audience and to create a network between different artists and audiences. This will be made through our platform.
1. We don’t demand premier status.
2. Submitted films must have a length between 1.30 and 10 minutes.
3. Multiple entries are allowed.
4. The exhibition copy of the movie will be sent to Altered Images as a compressed electronic file (mp4 preferred). ALL films must be received no later than Monday,24th of February, 2020.
5. Submitted films may be utilized for promotional purposes by Altered Images.
6. Altered Images is allowed to use artist names and stills from their submitted films (at least one print-quality and one web version provided upon request) for all promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film submissions:
7. Altered Images retains the right to archive the submitted file or copy of the submitted film in digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without the artist’s permission. All submissions should be downloaded to FilmFreeway for easy access to the entire Altered Images screening committee.
8. Altered Images will conduct private screening sessions with its screening team to review all submissions.
9. Altered Images does not provide refunds on submission fees.
A complete separate submission form must be filled if submitting more than one movie. Each submitted film shall pay the entry fee and be confirmed on FilmFreeway.
All filmmakers with selected projects will be notified via e-mail regarding acceptance by 7th March, 2020. Such notification will be received at the email address provided at the time of submission.