A curated online film platform geared to showcase the work produced by Film and Media Arts Students.
Join us to honor film students and their accomplishments as well as to expand everyone's knowledge and skills through online seminars; video tutorials; interviews; chats...
Born during the COVID-19 pandemic, this showcase seeks to remain and continue to celebrate the work of students around the globe well after the world goes back to “normal”.
TBD - TBA depending on quality of work and jury panel's decisions.
- All submissions are free.
- Only Short Films or Projects with a running time of 30 minutes or less will be accepted. For interactive-based content, the main experience should be substantially "resolved" within 30 minutes.
- At the time of production, filmmakers must be students at a Higher Education Institution from the United States or Spain.
WHY SPAIN AND THE US? We attended film school in Spain and the United States, therefore we want to serve as a platform to students in both countries. We also have a deeper understanding of how these two educational systems work, which allows us to better factor the specific idiosyncrasies that each student faces depending on the educational system they are in.
- If the submitted film is in a language different from English, it must be subtitled in English.
- All films (rejected and selected) will be offered feedback (only upon request). Our goal is to help young filmmakers get better at the art of movie making. While art can, and must, be subjective, we are passionate mentors and want this platform to help students' grow and understand how a film festival works.
- Submissions made by students enrolled in institutions outside of Spain or the United States will be immediately disqualified.
- Selected Films will go live on www.alonetogether.site.
- Films will be screened online ONLY for the duration of the festival.
- If a filmmaker fails to send the exhibition copy of their film (in time and as requested) will be dropped from the festival.
- AloneTogether Fest reserves the right to disqualify any submission, even after a film has been invited. All decisions made, selections and rejections are final and at the sole discretion of the festival staff.