The ASC Outstanding Achievement Awards is cinematography’s biggest event, celebrating the finest work of the year and its exceptional practitioners.
PLEASE READ THE BELOW REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION
CRITERIA FOR TELEVISION ELIGIBILITY
A program is eligible provided it was originally broad cast or streamed on television with in the United States on a commercial network, a publicly sponsored broadcast system, or pay outlet between OCTOBER 1, 2019 AND DECEMBER 31, 2020. Programs originally exhibited in motion-picture theaters are not eligible. Multiple entries per category are allowed, however only ONE entry per cinematographer per series will be accepted.
• Is a minimum of three 1/2-hour or 1-hour original programs that aired or streamed during the awards year.
• The theme, storyline or principal characters must be predominantly featured in multiple episodes.
• The series must be presented under the same title and each program must be related to the others.
• Must have a continuity of executive supervision and/or production personnel so that it is thought of as a whole rather than individual parts.
• To be eligible, the cinematographer must have COMPLETED AT LEAST TWO (2) EPISODES of the season series.
• A Series for "Commercial Television" must have first aired or streamed WITH FORMATTED COMMERCIAL BREAKS
• A Series for "Non-Commercial Television" must have first aired or streamed WITHOUT COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTIONS
• Is the first episode, or "Episode 1" of Season 1 of a Regular Series.
• The pilot must have aired during the eligibility period.
• A cinematographer may enter either the pilot or a regular episode of the same series in the appropriate category, but not both.
• Is a single, original program that is not a segment of a Limited Series and is broadcast in one part.
• Limited series consists of two or more original programs based on single storyline that tells one story with a clear beginning, middle and end, (i.e. plays like a movie told over a limited number of episodes).
• Must have aired during the awards year.
• Must present episodes under the same title with a continuity of executive supervision and/or production personnel so that it is thought of as a whole rather than individual parts.
1. One entry per series
2. $350 fee per entry
3. Entries must include:
a. Download link of the full program for verification purposes only
b. Uploaded 4-minute excerpt on HD datafile to FilmFreeway. Excerpts must contain scenes or parts of scenes no less than 1 minute and up to 4-minutes. Complete scenes do not have to be shown, but excerpts must not be edited to alter the original sequence of shots within a scene.
H264 or H265 1920x1080 at 23.98 or 24 fps total runtime 4 minutes
Please label as NameofShow_YourLastName_4
c. Download link to a separate 6-minute clip on HD data file of two 3-minute clips, or one continuous 6-minute excerpt from any part of the show, which may include the same footage that is in the 4-minute clip.
H264 or H265 1920x1080 at 23.98 or 24 fps total runtime 6 minutes
Please label as NameofShow_YourLastName_6
d. Do not include title sequences featuring the director of photography's name. Entries must be submitted with their original sound accompaniment.
4. Personal head shot, which will be used on screen if you are a nominee.
FAILURE TO MEET ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION