The Arkansas Minority Film & Arts Association (AMFAA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the development, awareness, and exposure of filmmakers and artists of color. The AMFAA Film Festival is dedicated towards celebrating the voice of people of color and will continue to support their artistry.
Best Overall: short Narrative, Documentary and Web-series/Episodic
(Natural) Best Overall: short Narrative, Documentary, and Web-series
Winners will receive an AMFAA Fest Awards package
• 25 minutes maximum runtime not including credits
• Films must have been directed, written, and/or have lead talent by a person of African
Asian/Pacific Islander, Hispanic, Native American, or Indian, Arab/Middle Eastern descent
• Competition is open to United States only
• Films must be in the English language or contain English-language subtitles
• Films must have completed post-production on or after January 1st, 2019
• Films must not have had any previous exhibition on broadcast or cable.
• Films must not have been previously exhibited on, or licensed for exhibition on, any
form of television prior to the scheduled AMFAA Festival, September 16th – 18th, 2021
• Each entry must include a signed competition release form with acknowledgement of
• Films may only include; 1) original music created and performed solely by an Entrant
(i.e., songs must be composed, lyrics written and performed by Entrant), or 2) music that is owned by a third-party but has been licensed for use by Entrant, or 3) music that is provided to the Entrant for use in the submission. Submissions that include any other songs or recordings are inappropriate and will be subject to disqualification.
• Films must have all rights, clearances, permissions, approvals and/or consents necessary for their submission, including but not limited to, music rights, releases from all persons appearing in the film, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from who participated in production of the film. In the event that you do not have the appropriate rights or violates any of the requirements, the film may be disqualified.