NOTE FROM THE FESTIVAL DIRECTOR:
Due to the recent announcement of social gathering restrictions in Kuwait, we’ve made the difficult decision to postpone the AIU Film Festival to November 2022.
While we know this is disappointing, we hope you understand this is necessary to maintain our vision while being responsible and sensible to the current situation.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch here: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Stay safe, and we’ll be in touch with more information soon.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
AIU Film Festival is seeking innovative and original short films that are ‘by’, ‘about’, or ‘for’ the Gulf’s creative community. AIU Film Festival celebrate the region’s rich cultural heritage hosting a gathering of original storytellers eager to make an impact in Kuwait and the GCC countries.
AIU Film Festival will be celebrating the best short films in the Gulf region in the following categories:
1. AIU Best Short Film Award.
2. Best Director Award.
3. Best Performance Award.
4. Best Original Idea Award.
5. Audience Award.
Only short films that meet the following conditions will be considered for the Competitive Section:
• Short films that are ‘by’, ‘about’, or ‘for’ the Gulf cultural community.
• Short films that do not exceed 20 minutes in length, including credits.
• There is no limitation regarding the year of production.
• There is no limitation regarding the country of origin.
• Short films can have been previously presented at an international section of a festival.
• Short films can have been previously shown on the Internet.
Participants must upload a review copy of the short film completing the registration form during the registration period following the technical specifications.
Finalists in any of the Competitive Sections will be contacted by the Festival Committee to upload a high-resolution copy of their film to be considered for one of the awards. The Festival Committee will send shortlisted candidates all the needed information to successfully submit your short film.