THE EQUALITY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OFFERS:
1. DISTRIBUTION OF FILMS THROUGHOUT THE MONTHS LEADING TO THE FESTIVAL
2. DISTRIBUTION AND AWARDS AT THE FILM FESTIVAL
3. AWARDS AND CASH PRIZES AT THE GRAND AWARDS CEREMONY
4. WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION and OPPORTUNITIES TO SHOWCASE YOUR FILM MAKING WORLD
JOIN US & have the chance to GET YOUR FILM DISTRIBUTED!
Join us for the largest film and music festival on the West Coast that speaks out against economic and social inequality by showcasing upcoming artists, filmmakers, and musicians both nationally and internationally. We are promoting the efforts of talented and impassioned filmmakers in their pursuits to create film that encourages equality and basic rights for minorities and those that are oppressed and voiceless members of the American and Global community.
This years' theme is "Reach, Teach and RELEASE"! As the uncertainty mounts in our global framework, it is important to showcase films that increase the need for economic, social, environmental justice. To this end, this years'festival seeks to address the releasing works worldwide through distribution and greater recognition. Special Awards will be given to participants who BEST EXEMPLIFY the high ideals of this theme.
A comprehensive programming list of events will be published on www.equalityfilmfestival.com in July, of 2017!
******************WE OFFER DISTRIBUTION!**********************
Through a partnership with World Equality Television (www.worldequalitytv.com), powered by BIGSTAR TV, the Equality International Film Festival WILL OFFER DISTRIBUTION TO FILMMAKERS ENTERING COMPETITION.
BIGSTAR has15 distinct channels, including WEtv, and ALL channels are showcased to MILLIONS on the following platforms:
ANDROD PHONE AND TV
This year’s festival will be OCTOBER 13-15 at the Berkeley Repertory Theatre in Berkeley, California. TICKETS will be on EVENTBRITE by JULY, 2017. The venue seats approximately 300 individuals, so please Purchase your tickets EARLY. OUR GRAND AWARDS CEREONY will take place SUNDAY ,.OCTOBER 15, 2017 in the evening. Schedule will be announced in July. Selectees will receive ONE (1) complementary VIP Pass for all THREE (3) days.
OUR PACIFIC ISLANDER/ASIAN CONTENT will be sponsored by R&B Entertainment Productions, which will offer selective viewing and awards at the GRAND AWARDS CEREMONY.
DISTRIBUTION OFFERS will take place throughout the three days of the festival!
Also,as a perk, DISTRIBUTION WILL BE OFFERED MONTHLY BEFORE THE FESTIVAL to qualified applicants,selected by a panel of reviewers and distribution representatives!
You wont want to miss this festival.!!
Winners will receive all of the following:
INTERNATIONAL DISTRIUTIONCONTRACTS THROUGH WORLD EQUALITY TELEVISON www.worldequalitytv.com (DOWNLOAD the APP for FREE )
· Attractive trophies, plaques and cash awards for top winners
· Connections and introductions to two online television channels
· An opportunity to meet privately with agents, movie executives at the exclusive VIP reception.
· Work to be displayed on both the Equality Film Festival website and channel for one year
· Project website linkages on Equality Film Festival website
· National and international recognition and networking opportunities
· Some projects sponsors will also be asked to evaluate the entries for the 2016 Festival, and serve as a PRODUCER, which will include PROFIT SHARING and COMPENSATION
Our Awards Ceremony will host a broad array of awards and activities, to com mutate our 2nd Annual Equality Film Festival, showcase talent, and promote universal equality through the timeless and impact idiom of film making, web content and music. All judges are uniquely qualified to provide comprehensive evaluations, and the selection of our judges are done through the following; 1. Interview and recommendations, 2. Designation of genre, 3. Training and film critique education (online and/or in person), and 4. Assignment of genres.
Preliminary Evaluation Process: First, a panel of distinguished judges will evaluate each project in the preliminary phase to determine threshold requirements, artistic and cinematic value and overall story line. In this phase, the panel will evaluate whether or not the project fits the overriding criteria of the festival. Projects scoring high in the preliminary process will be ranked, rated, and recommended to the Jurors Phase for official selection and special awards.
Jurors Phase: In this phase, the Jurors will evaluate the project in the areas of artistic value, cinematography, overall story value and artistic merit. A panel of seven to nine jurors will be assigned to evaluate the final projects, which will take place in the morning portion of the festival. All final selections will be invited to the festival and be given VIP passes at the award level. Our Festivals unique because project sponsors will have the opportunity to interview with Jurors before a final selection is made before the awards ceremony.
Uniqueness of the Festival
Our festival is unique because it marries multiple entertainment disciplines, so you have the opportunity to network with music composers, production companies, filmmakers, agents, casting directors, national directors, and production lots. Also, you MAY BE SELECTED AS A PRODUCER THROUGH THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER AWARD WHICH MEANS YOU GET TO SHARE WITH PROFIT FOR THE FOLLOWING YEAR! We are a fun group, and we promise we will introduce you to ALL the "who's who" at the festival!
We are also unique because we use a wide array of content to celebrate equality in film, to include web series, music, short films, documentaries, and additional content, which will be showcased as examples of diversity through our discipline. Thank you for your submission!
FEE WAIVERS: As a general rule TOP CONSIDERATION is ONLY extended to films and screenplays that meets the submission fee requirement. After all of the entries that met ALL of the INITIAL screening and FEE requirements are met, the committee may select up to TWO (2) fee waived submissions ten (10) days before the festival. To this, we encourage applicants to take advantage of regular submission requirements.
1. Please do not send original materials.
2. Filmmaker MUST prove ownership to be considered for Award
3. ALL SUBMISSIONS must mention what category they are applying for.
4. If your film is selected for screening, you will be asked to send us a press Kit, including: CAST, CREW and STILLS for the film, as a .jpg attachment to an e-mail.
5. Preview copies: other than online-screeners: (1 copy) of a submitted work is requested to send in form of DVD (NTSC or PAL- Region free).
6. Festival will only accept international films subtitled in English.
7. FOREIGN SUBMISSIONS must mention "Non commercial, No dollar value" in custom declaration form. 8 Equality Film Festival will not pay customs duties or fees.
8. Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
9. Fee Waivers will NOT be offered.
10. All entrants will be notified of acceptance by E-mail. Make sure your email address is valid.
11. 8 Equality Film Festival is not liable for any damage to films, videos, or publicity materials.
12. There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry and entry fee.
13. All festival show times are subject to delay or change.
14. Festival does not provide travel, hotel (motel) for filmmakers
15. Awards, certificates, and prizes can be picked up at the event. If you want your prize to be shipped you must contact us directly.
16. We currently do not accept hard-copies except for DVDs requested for event screenings.