EQUALITY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL - CELEBRATING DIVERSITY IN FILMMAKING
The Equality International Film Festival (EIFF) celebrates 6 seasons of worldwide cinematic excellence that showcases diversity, investigates diaspora and advances equality on a global level.
Traditionally, EIFF has been home to the Bay Area region of Northern California or the Sacramento area and has received state and national recognition ad one of the most progressive and fastest growing film festivals in both the United States and worldwide. Attendees have enjoyed quality films with compelling stories, industry-related workshops, networking opportunities with TV and FILM EXECITIVES, and sponsored receptions, parties and raffles by corporate sponsors.
EIFF THE FESTIVAL FOR DIVERSITY IN FILMMAKING
EIFF prides itself in its’ unique approach to showcasing diversity. And previous winners have spanned the world submitting films that have addressed systemic poverty, LGNTQ diaspora, natural disasters, political conflicts, child and elderly advocacy, and everyday life issues. Submitters have come from all walks of life; disables, vision and hearing impaired, developing countries, women and a host of additional demographics.
PRESTEGIOUS OFFICIAL SELECTIONS and AWARDS
EIFF Official Selection consists of the top films in each of the category offered. EIFF screens its Official Selection/Finalist Films for the first two days with a question and answer panel discussion after each final film screening.
On the third day, EIFF hosts its’ Grand Awards Ceremony that includes red-carpet/press, banquet, networking, exhibition booths, and a ceremony to announce the award winners. Awards are both competitive and recognition-based awards including Best Feature-Length, Best Short Film, Best Written Narrative, Best Direction, Best Documentary Short, Best Documentary Feature Spirit of the Festival, Audience Choice Award and selected regional awards. Celebrities frequently attend our themed parties, emcee our Grand Awards Ceremony and are always eager and ready to network with filmmakers.
HOW WE WORK
EIFF’s competitive awards are evaluated by a preliminary judging panel to determine semi-finalist and finalist. A distinguished panel of jurors evaluate the final entries on EIFF two screening days. Moreover, EIFF ALLOWS FOR A QUESTION AND ANSWER panel discussion with the finalist after their films have been viewed on the days of the OFFICIAL screening.
AWARDS and CASH prizes will be decided upon by the PANEL OF DISTINGUISHED JURORS, and will be awarded in the following categories:
*WINNER* - Best Short Film: $1,000 Trophy, Global Press and Global Distribution Opportunity
*WINNER* - Best Feature Film: $1,000 Trophy, Global Press and Global Distribution Opportunity
*WINNER* - Best Written Narrative: $500, Global Press and Trophy
*WINNER* – Best Student Film $1,000 Trophy, Global Press and Global Distribution Opportunity
*WINNER* – CEO’s Spirit of the Equality International Film Festival Award: $500, Global Press and Trophy
*SEMI-FINALISTS*: Official laurel, Global Press, Award of Recognition, and Global Distribution Opportunities
Attractive trophies/medals, certificates specialized awards are provided per the discretion of the International Executive Committee (IEC).
AGENTS AND DISTRIBUTORS
EIFF will have international distributors at the festival from Amazon Prime, Firestick, Roku, Sony and an array of agents. These individuals will be on hand to talk to filmmakers!
1. Please do not send original materials.
2. Filmmaker MUST prove ownership to be considered for Award
3. ALL SUBMISSIONS must mention what category they are applying for.
4. If your film is selected for screening, you will be asked to send us a press Kit, including: CAST, CREW and STILLS for the film, as a .jpg attachment to an e-mail.
5. Preview copies: other than online-screeners: (1 copy) of a submitted work is requested to send in form of DVD (NTSC or PAL- Region free).
6. Festival will only accept international films subtitled in English.
7. FOREIGN SUBMISSIONS must mention "Non commercial, No dollar value" in custom declaration form. 8 Equality Film Festival will not pay customs duties or fees.
8. Works in progress will NOT be accepted.
9. Fee Waivers will NOT be offered.
10. All entrants will be notified of acceptance by E-mail. Make sure your email address is valid.
11. 8 Equality Film Festival is not liable for any damage to films, videos, or publicity materials.
12. There is no limit on how many entries you may submit, but each entry must have a separate entry and entry fee.
13. All festival show times are subject to delay or change.
14. Festival does not provide travel, hotel (motel) for filmmakers
15. Awards, certificates, and prizes can be picked up at the event. If you want your prize to be shipped you must contact us directly.
16. We currently do not accept hard-copies except for DVDs requested for event screenings.