After frustrating shutdowns—573 Film Festival is finally BACK!
Welcome to the 4th Annual 573 Film Festival. The 573 Film Festival will present independent films, shorts, trailers, documentaries, TV pilots and experimental short films from around the world. The festival is put on by independent filmmakers. To us, indie means blood, sweat, and tears -we’ve been there. It means overcoming insurmountable obstacles and loving it. It means ignoring naysayers and dream squashers and doing it anyway. The indie spirit is alive and well in the 573 region. 573 Film Festival is here to support local filmmakers. We're here to support their passion. We need your help.
1. Submissions shall be submitted here.
2. Completed short films only 1 to 44 minutes.
3. Submissions must be received by Sept 10, 2022
4. Please include a link to the film and electronic press kit.
5. Submission does not guarantee entry into the competition, only that it will be viewed by the programming department and considered for competitive judging.
6. Filmmakers may submit more than one film; a separate submission form is required for each film.
7. 573 Film Festival not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or late submissions, marketing materials, etc.
8. Exhibition copies of submissions shall be in a digital file format, with no watermark, intended for laptop playback; MOV, MP4.
If you live in the 573 area code or your film was produced inside the 573 area code, you can submit your film at a discounted rate.
Outside the region $35 per submission. Financial Hardship Requests are available.
Deadlines and Selections:
Once all films have been reviewed by our screening panel official selections will be determined and forwarded to our judges. If your film becomes an official selection of 573 Film Festival 2022, you will be notified via email no later than Aug 30, 2022.
By submitting to 573 Film Festival, you grant the festival permission to display the film's trailer, stills and information from the required press kit/EPK on the festival website, social media outlets, and in other marketing and promotional actions.
We do not accept mailed in screeners (please do not send DVDs, BLURAYs, or flash drives to our office).
We do not accept prescreening materials through email and are unable to download files from sharing services. (links only)
All entries must be original works. The 573 Film Festival has the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. All participants shall indemnify and hold harmless 573 Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
To receive a gift, cash or physical award, a producer or representative is required to attend the festival.
Best of luck to everyone!