Pregones + Puerto Rican Traveling Theater, with venues in The Bronx and in Manhattan in New York City, is proud to present 21 Islands International Short Film Festival.
21 Islands features short films from ISLAND nations, ISLANDS states, ISLAND cities and ISLAND territories around the world. We showcase short films that depict stories that express cultural, philosophical, and aesthetic perspectives shared by artists living and producing their work in islands and their respective audiences. Our festival also includes film and marketing workshops, and public dialogues with filmmakers and local NYC industry professionals.
Rules & Terms
1.The following categories are showcased in 21 Islands International Short Film Festival: Animation, Experimental and Live Action
Short films must be produced and shot on the island that is represented, by a local director. Guest directors must demonstrate a track record of collaborations with island creative teams. Submitted short films may be from island nations, island states or island territories.
2. Films submitted via regular mail must be: DVD-Video (Widescreen aspect ratio) and a DVD-Data with a Movie file in HDV with resolution of 1280 x 720. Video file must be QuickTime (.mp4 codec H.264). The DVD must include a printed application form and sent to : Pregones Theater, 575 Walton Ave, Bronx, NY, 10451
*Shorts in low resolution will not be considered.
3. Maximum length must not exceed twenty (20) minutes, including credits.
4. There will be no restrictions as to themes or subjects.
5. Films must be no older than 3 years as of the date of submission.
6. Shorts must have English subtitles (except those in English or without text).
7.- Short films must be submitted by the Director, Producer or Scriptwriter or by the person or organization with the legal rights over the film. Evidence of intellectual ownership shall be submitted in writing. In those cases in which the short film is submitted by a person or entity other than the Director, this person or entity will have to submit official proof showing authorization by the Director.
By submitting a film to 21 Islands International Short Film Festival the applicant declares that he/she/they/it has the authority and the legal capacity to participate in the Festival and that this participation does not violate the legal rights of any person or entity. Furthermore, the applicant agrees to compensate, protect and hold harmless Pregones PRTT, its employees, officers and directors and concessionaires, exempt of any and all responsibility, loss, damages or attorney’s fees, that may arise or be related to any claim as a result of neglect, error, omission or criminal/civil act in which the participant may be a part, including, but without limitations, to intellectual or other rights.
The organizers could use additional submission methods to expedite and facilitate the process.
7. With the above-mentioned information, a recent photo (still) of the Director and a photogram taken from the short, both in high definition, shall be sent with its proper authorization to be published without restrictions.
8.For submission period please go to https://filmfreeway.com/21IslandsInternationalFilmFest
9. All works submitted to Pregones/PRTT Theater in The Bronx and 21 Islands Short Film Fest 2020 will be included in the permanent archives of Pregones/PRTT Theater. The mere participation in the contest constitute a valid legal authorization that entitles Pregones/PRTT to exhibit the competing short films, without limitations, in any media present or future and at any place in the world, provided due credit is given to the authors.
The non-profit nature of Pregones/PRTT activities guarantees that the works submitted will be used only to advance its cultural and educational objectives.
10. Participants will be informed of the results of their submission through Pregones/PRTT website (www.pregonesprtt.org), or any other page/site created for that purpose, announcements in the local and international press and by email.
For information about Pregones/PRTT and its programs please visit the website at www.pregonesprtt.org .