The 15 to 10 International Film Festival is dedicated to showcasing outstanding short-form video content from online platforms like TikTok, YouTube Shorts and Instagram Reels. Taking place in Toronto during TIFF season, our festival highlights exciting new works from online creators pioneering this new medium of artistic expression… the short-form video!
If you are an online creator working outside of the traditional film space, this festival is for you!
Scrolling through social media apps, you can see the creative work of expert visual artists, animators, filmmakers, musicians, dancers, actors, educators and activists. TikTok, one of the leading platforms, allows creators to share videos that are 15 seconds to 10 minutes in length. This is where our festival gets its name!
Due to the nature of TikTok’s algorithm, which recommends users personalized content, a cyclical echo chamber is created that exposes users to only a fraction of what is available on the app. Our aim with this festival is to present innovative artistic work to new audiences who might not typically be exposed to these videos, due to the current online algorithms. We also want to “bridge the gap” between online and traditional media by providing a prestigious theatrical venue to showcase the work of leading short form video artists.
One of the most exciting aspects of short form video content is that it has redefined the meaning of “high” and “low” art. Never before have so many artists from various disciplines had the opportunity to share their work with a worldwide audience. This is the future of the media industry! For Gen Z and beyond, this is the most influential and ubiquitous media format in their lives. Short form video content, and the wider online media industry, are not going away anytime soon. Join us as we celebrate the birth of this new art form!
Awards are available for each festival category:
The winner of each category will be determined by a juried panel. Winners will be announced on the day of the festival, after the screening.
There will also be an Audience Choice Award. Voting for this category will take place online and be announced at the festival.
In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner. Entrant confirms and warrants the required legal authority to submit the entry to the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry. By submitting a Film, the submitter represents that they have obtained consent from any and all owners, creators, writers, producers and/or other authorized representatives of the Film whose consent is required to submit the Film to the Festival and screen the Film at the Festival, and has read, understood and agreed to the Terms.
Submitting Your Film:
All submissions must be made through FilmFreeway. We WILL NOT accept email submissions. Only complete entries (including fee payment and screener) will be considered. All fees are non-refundable.
There is no premiere policy. We welcome all submissions no matter how old the project is. Projects that are publicly available online are also welcome to submit (that’s kind of our whole thing).
We welcome submissions from all countries. However, we ask that non-English projects be subtitled in English.
Point of Contact:
The Festival relationship will exclusively be related to the film submitter. Please include an email address where you can be contacted if selected.
Not all the submissions are selected to screen at the Festival. The Festival does not provide feedback or screening notes for entries that are not selected.
Deliverables for Selected Projects:
Officially selected projects have to be made available in a downloadable digital format (Full HD, .mov or .mp4). Video files for selected projects MUST be received by September 10th, 2023.
Works in Progress:
We DO NOT accept works in progress. Please only submit completed projects.
Once a film is programmed in the festival it may NOT be removed. If you want to remove your film you MUST do so before the final deadline. After the final deadline, a film is considered entered and we will begin programming immediately, at our discretion. You will get a FilmFreeway notification from us with possibly no further contact, as to your inclusion in the festival. Please check your junk filters. Once a film is programmed, you will receive a welcome email from FilmFreeway via the 15 to 10 International Film Festival with all the information you need to attend and any further materials, if needed.
Removal from the Festival:
The 15 to 10 International Film Festival reserves the right to remove any selected project from the Festival, at their sole discretion.
The 15 to 10 International Film Festival reserves the right to rule, in its sole discretion, on cases and situations not foreseen by these Terms.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. I, the representative of the project being submitted (the "Film"), acknowledge and agree as follows in connection with the Film's submittal for consideration for the 15 to 10 International Film Festival (the "Festival"):
2. I hereby represent and warrant to the Festival that (a) I am duly authorized, on my own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights in the Film, to exhibit this Film at the Festival, (b) this exhibition will not violate any law or any right or consent of any person or entity and (c) the Film is not subject to litigation nor is it threatened by any litigation.
3. I further represent and warrant that, to the best of my knowledge, the exhibition of the Film at the Festival will not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity and that my Film does not constitute a defamation of any person or entity. I have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from the exhibition of the Film in connection with the Festival.
4. If accepted, I acknowledge that the Festival's presentation of the Film does not create any confidential or fiduciary relationship between the Festival and I. I understand that I will not receive any compensation for such exploitation. I acknowledge that no obligation of any kind is assumed by or may be implied against the Festival because of the Festival's selection of the Film. I understand and acknowledge that the selection of my Film by the Festival does not in any way constitute an express or implied endorsement or approval by the Festival of the content of the Film or any opinion expressed therein.
5. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Festival, the affiliate, subsidiary and parent entities of each, and the officers, directors, employees, attorneys, advisors and agents of each of the foregoing from and against any and all claims, losses, or liabilities (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that may be asserted against any of the foregoing or incurred by any of the foregoing at any time in connection with the Film or the Festival's use thereof, and/or arising from any breach or alleged breach of any representation made by me to the Festival. All participants release the Festival, its parent organizations, sponsors and their affiliates, partners and employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for third-party claims (including intellectual property claims), personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Festival.
6. If accepted, I hereby grant without reservations, to the Festival, and their related entities (a) the right to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the Film for promotional purposes and (b) the right to issue and authorize publicity concerning the filmmakers and the Film and to use all associated names, likenesses and biographical information.
7. The Festival reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these rules at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Festival subsequent to any revision of these rules, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms. Additionally, festival management reserves the right to decide all questions not specifically provided for in the regulations.
8. If any provision of these rules is held invalid by any court of law or similar, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
9. I acknowledge that I have read and understood the rules and regulations for submitting a film to the Festival.
10. By submitting a film to the Festival, I constitute my full and complete acceptance of the terms hereof. I acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by the Festival. Participation in the Festival implies understanding and acceptance of all rules and regulations.