Toronto Tamil International Film Festival (TTFF or TTIFF) is conducting a innovative international film festival and invites participation from aspiring and upcoming independent filmmakers. A unique film Festival, focusing on opportunity creation for global filmmakers.
[The purpose of Toronto Tamil film festival is to promote new movie makers, exchange of knowledge, information, ideas & culture between Tamil & other nations in context of their social and cultural ethos. TTIFF also promotes friendship and co-operation among people of the world through the medium of films & documentaries.]
Our festival supports independent cinema across formats and aims to showcase the best talent & cinema from across the globe.
Also, The Toronto Tamil Film Festival is an annual showcase of Tamil Cinema created by Tamils internationally. Films include short, feature, documentaries and Social & Music which explore the culture, history and tradition of Tamils. It is a unique festival to honour both artistic and technical excellence of professionals in the Tamil film industry from Canada, USA, Europe, Asia and other parts of the world.
Created with a sole purpose to highlight its diverse population, rich tradition, struggles for democracy and equity, the Toronto Tamil Film Festival highlights outstanding work in the industry and celebrate it.
Reaching a potential audience of 500,000 Canadians of Tamil descent, as well as millions of Toronto-based movie lovers, TTFF (Toronto Tamil Film Festival) provides a unique cultural destination for Toronto and Ontario based ex-patriots to connect with the culture of home through the magic of cinema.
Toronto Tamil Film Festival (TTFF) is one of the most significant festival of Tamil films held anywhere outside of Indian subcontinent.
“Bringing the World to Toronto, Canada through a shared passion for film and the power of storytelling.”
The Toronto Tamil Film Festival is dedicated to the discovery and promotion of Film Makers, Story tellers and Artists and sharing with audiences. Everyone has a story to tell, our goal is to inspire and encourage people to share their stories using the media of film and to create events that enable the sharing of those stories across communities and beyond.
Fund for 1 Feature Film - $50,000.00
Fund for 5 Short Films (each) - $2,000.00 - $5,000.00
All winners will receive trophy & certificates & Cash Prices.
Viewers' Choice Awards:
1. Best Supporting Actor, Female
2. Best Supporting Actor, Male
3. Best Actor, Female
4. Best Actor, Male
5. Best Actor in Negative Role
6. Best Film
Best Feature Film
Best Director – Feature Film
Best Actor Male – Feature Film
Best Actor Female – Feature Film
Best Short Film
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE SHORT FILM
BEST EXPERIMENTAL FILM
BEST FILM ON SOCIAL ISSUES
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
BEST EDUCATIONAL SHORT FILM
BEST MUSIC VIDEO
Best Director – Short Film [Male & Female]
Best Actor Male – Short Film
Best Actor Female – Short Film
Best Tiny Film
SPECIAL JURY MENTION CERTIFICATE
Other Awards for Documentary:
International Short Films
-(extra $1000.00 Cash price + trophy & certificates)
Short Film Jury Award
Other Awards for Album song:
Best Singer Male
Best Singer Female
1. All films should be independently produced. Films which have been produced independently & acquired by digital platforms are also eligible for submission.
2. Films completed on or after 1st Jan 2014 are eligible for submission. ஈழத்தில் தயாரிக்கப்பட்ட படைப்புகளுக்கு எந்தவித கால எல்லையும் கிடையாது இந்த வருடம் மட்டும்.
3. Toronto Tamil Film Festival accept all forms and genres. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English. (Tamil Films don't need Subtitled in any language)
4. Only HD format films are screen at festival.
5. All entry fees are non-refundable under all circumstances
6. Final status of the selected films-whether ‘in competition’ or ‘Out of competition’ will be notified by 01st of August ’2020. Selected films cannot be withdrawn once the festival programme is announced.
7. All decisions such as selections & awards by TTFF (Toronto Tamil Film Festival)
selection committee and Award jury will be final & binding upon the participants. TTFF is under no obligation to provide any feedback for selections, non-selections or awards.
8. Submitted films should not contain any content which violates/infringes copyright.
9. Any content that promotes racism, hatred amongst communities or religions, animal cruelty, and/or are religious/commercial propaganda films, will not be accepted.
12. TTFF reserves the rights to use the posters/video clippings/trailers of the selected films for promotions on social media and its partner platforms.
13. Selected films must provide all the required details of their films as per the format prescribed by TTFF including the digital copy of the film. Exact specifications will be communicated for all the selected films.
14. By submitting the film to TTFF, the applicant hereby confirms that he/she is the rightful owner of the film or has the right & authority to submit the film to TTFF for selection.
15. In case of films produced by a Film Institute, government agency, educational institute or any other organization, the applicant must provide written permission via mail (post selection) from the concerned authorities confirming the participation of the film in TTFF. Any kind of misrepresentation or failure to adhere to the norms of TTFF would lead to disqualification of the film.
16. The submitted film should not be under any kind of legal dispute.