Music Video Asheville is an annual event that showcases the collaborations between filmmakers and musicians. Area bands submit their music videos and the best 90 minutes of videos are selected for a viewing and awards ceremony in Asheville. The red carpet event is a celebration of the creative, unique and diverse music community we have here in the heart of Western North Carolina.
Please join us in Fall of 2023 for a night of music videos!
Judge's Choice- $500 cash prize
People's Choice- Echo Mountain Recording Gift Certificate for 8 Hour Day of Recording
Best Visual Effects
Best Music Production
UPDATE: We are including two new awards for those who enter from out of the Asheville Area. The two additional awards will not be screened at the festival but will receive laurels. The new awards are:
Best of Not Asheville - USA
Best of Not Asheville - International
- Films must be music videos.
- Song(s) featured in the video must be original, no covers
- Minimum length of 30 seconds and maximum length of six minutes, excluding credits
- At least one member of the musical act or production crew must be currently residing within 60 miles of Buncombe County and must contain at least one song by the artist
- No more than 60% of the footage may be archival and if more than 60% is archival, at least one member of the current band must be in featured archival footage (i.e. home videos from childhood). No videos shown at previous MVA’s are accepted.
- Films must be completed by July 31, 2023. Works in progress will not be considered.
- All genres will be considered
- Submissions that are under copyright or contract that disallows public performance may not be submitted. All submissions will be evaluated for appropriate public content - Entrants are responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses, royalties, release forms, clearances, permits necessary to present their work. Music Video Asheville is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.
- One film per entry fee. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entrants give permission to Music Video Asheville to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the submission for promotional purposes. By submitting a piece, the musical act acknowledges that the work may be publicly shown on September 13th, 2023 at the Salvage Station, and waives any performance fees or royalties. Portions of the films may also be used with full credit given in promotion of the event before or afterwards, unless expressed in writing to not use the footage.
- Films submitted must be available in English or in the original language with legible English subtitles.
- Initial submissions may be submitted as online digital links, hard copies will not be considered.
- Films which have already premiered will be considered.
- Prizes will be awarded at the festival.
- We reserve the right to change festival dates due to Covid-19