Cinema is the most powerful medium of creative expression globally. We are back with the 2nd edition of KidzCINEMA. Children from all over the world will get to watch movies, interact with directors, actors, and also participate in various LIVE workshops around scriptwriting, animation, and filmmaking.
It will be a virtual event for 30 days starting on the Universal Children's Day, which is celebrated on 20th November each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children's welfare.
UPDATED FESTIVAL PROGRAMME:
- INAUGURAL on 20th November 2021
- WORKSHOPS & ACTIVITIES from 21st to 27th November
- AWARD CEREMONY on 30th November 2021.
In these tough times, that the whole world is going through, we would like to salute those who create the stories of positivity. Hence, this edition, the Festival theme is “STORIES OF POSITIVITY.”
Universal Children's Day’s objective of promoting international togetherness can definitely be fulfilled with stories of positivity in these gloomy days.
In all the Competition categories, there will be three awards viz. Gold, Silver & Bronze along with “Special Mentions.”
As of current plans, the winners will be given Digital Plaques and E-citation if the Covid situation does not improve. In case the festival goes on in a physical format, we will have physical awards.
Following is the list of awards:
1. Best Film (Animation - SHORT)
2. Best Film (Animation - LONG)
3. Best Film (Live Action - SHORT)
4. Best Film (Live Action - LONG)
5. Best Film (Kids Made - JUNIORS)
6. Best Film (Kids Made - YOUTH)
Note: Depending upon the number of entries received, the festival authorities might increase or decrease the awards.
KidzCINEMA2021 is an international children’s film festival for the global audience.
The Mission of the festival is to connect the world and build togetherness among the children of the world.
The Vision of the festival is to use the medium of cinema to nurture creativity among the children of the world.
The terms of participation are as follows:
1. In the Live Action and Animation categories, the festival will accept applications from filmmakers across the world in both formats Longs & Shorts from all countries. There will be respective categories for submission of Shorts and Longs.
2. In the Kids Made Films (JUNIORS) category, the festival will accept applications from filmmakers across the world by children and youth, 6 to13 years of age at the time of production of their film(s). School Certificates and/or Government ID for age proofs must be submitted for a film to qualify.
3. While the Kids Made Films (YOUTH) category, the festival will accept applications from filmmakers across the world by children and youth, from 14 to 20 years of age at the time of production of their film(s). School Certificates and/or Government ID for age proofs must be submitted for a film to qualify.
4. Individual filmmakers and all schools across the world are welcome to enter their work. Each submitter can enter a maximum of 5 films per category. There is no submission charge.
5. The maximum duration of any individual film should not exceed 90 minutes (credits included).
6. The festival will accept only online applications through FilmFreeway.
7. All films made for the children and youth audiences across the world having their production dates after 31st August 2020 are eligible to participate in this category. All films must be subtitled in English.
8. The entries must be sent latest by 30th October 2021.
9. Entries not complying with the above-mentioned regulations shall not enter the selection process.
10. The festival would like to use the works entered for the promotion of film making among children and youth. The festival would like to show the entries in public, in the media, and any other form of public screening, including the copying of the works in the non-profit intent of storing them in the festival archive.
11. The list of films that have entered the festival competition will be announced starting 1st November 2021 on the festival’s web page: www.kidzcinema.in, and will be completed by 5th November 2021. The authors that have entered the official programme will be notified via email as well.