Making Of A Gangsta
How does a typical innocent natured child make the mental transition into a hell bent, full fledged gangster? This change is not an overnight occurrence but rather an consequential metamorphosis from the innocent to criminally intent.
Making of a Gangsta is a Feature-length documentary that takes aim at the understanding of the biggest issue of gangsta transformation… the MINDSET. It's a mental germination that grows very slow ushering its features, qualities, mannerisms and traits. With each revolving day the gangsta mindset becomes criminal, burdensome and hopeless.
Like any great investigative story, Making of a Gangsta features a number of interviews from former gang members, family members, youth who reside in gang infested neighborhoods, clinical psychologist and gang experts.
Project Type:Documentary, Feature
Genres:gang life, educational, Sociological, Gangsta Life, social justice
Runtime:1 hour 2 minutes 35 seconds
Completion Date:November 30, 2017
Production Budget:64,000 USD
Country of Origin:United States
Country of Filming:United States
Shooting Format:AVCHD, C100 MKII
Impact Docs AwardLa Jolla
Award of Merit
Golden Gate International Film FestivalCupertino
October 28, 2017
North American Premiere
Growing up in a single parent home, welfare surrounded around by drugs and gangs, to a life of success and influence. Dr. Adam Ybarra has Life-Coached over 1200 professional athletes & coaches. Founded The Tenacious Group, impacted over 350,000 young people in United States and Africa. Dr. Ybarra created the innovative high quality Raising Expectations Standards and Honor 180 (RESH 180) curriculum & DVD designed to set in motion purpose thinking.
Dr. Adam Ybarra has been featured in San Jose Mercury News, Bloomberg.com, Detroit Free Press, Pastors.com and New York Post.
- Founder of The Tenacious Group Inc.
- Served as Oakland Raiders Team Chaplain. (Appointed by Head Coach Jon Gruden.)
- During his 12-year tenure the Oakland Raiders took part in 3 AFC Western Championships & Super Bowl 37.
- 1st Hispanic to serve as an NFL Team Chaplain
- Founded Bridge Point Church in Alameda, CA
- In 2008 was awarded with an Honorable Doctorate Degree from the Latin University of Theology.
- Spearheaded Take A Stand (Youth Motivational School Events) - hosted in cities of NFL Super Bowls Games with All-Pro Tim Brown & New Orleans Saints Kenyon Coleman.
- Created marketing slogan that was accepted by Starbucks Coffee Company
- Featured in an Emmy Award Winning Documentary
- Serves as a member of the Mayor’s Prevention Gang Task Force for the City of San Jose
- Keynote speaker in conventions, seminars and workshops in the public and private sector
- Appeared on numerous radio, television, and newspaper interviews
- Graduate of Cal State University of Hayward earning a degree in Speech Communication
- Wife Anna and two daughters Chantel and Talia
Making of A Gangsta Documentary takes aim at root issues of one of the most growing problems in North America and its spread around the globe. GANGS. The Documentary will not focus on violence, drugs, turfs & colors but the transformation of a typical good natured person into a hard-core gang member. After seeing this Documentary, you’ll never look at a Gangsta the same way again.