Calling all independent horror/comedic filmmakers from around the world!
Foggy Isle is a macabre-themed film festival based out of Victoria, British Columbia, with a mission to showcase short films that celebrate all that is weird, macabre, and darkly hilarious. In short, Foggy Isle is more about a mood than a genre. Because of the specificity of the festival, we highly encourage filmmakers to check out our past line-ups before submitting. Past film selections are listed at FoggyIsleFilms.com.
Depending on Covid restrictions/where society is at in 2022, Foggy Isle hopes to return to its original cabaret-styled roots for its fourth year with a live in-person show on 29 September 2022. Either way, the show will also stream online as part of a live "one night only" show. The full line-up and ticket details will be made available in late August. We have lowered our submission fees to represent this uncertainty, and appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.
Learn more about the Foggy Isle Film Festival, including past line-ups and press mentions, at FoggyIsleFilms.com.
1. Entries are accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.com
2. Entries may be fiction, animation, or experimental. Films must be in English OR contain English subtitles. Films can have a maximum run-time of 15 minutes including credits. Only films completed after January 1, 2020 and that have not been previously released online will be considered. (Some exceptions re: run-time can be made, but it is rare. Please email us to ask.)
3. You give us permission (and own all appropriate rights) to screen your film online as part of the online portion of the show. The online component of the show will screen live alongside the in-person show, or in lieu of it depending on current Covid restriction.
4. Films that are selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival will be notified before 1 September 2022.
5. If a project is selected to screen, the filmmaker will be required to submit the following:
• Minimum two high-resolution film stills
• Brief synopsis of the film
• Film exhibition copy, minimum 1080 resolution, .mp4 or .mov file.
6. Films selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival may not be withdrawn.
7. One representative from each selected film will be provided with one free event pass, whether the event happen in-person or online.
8. Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
• You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration and accept the rules of Foggy Isle Film Festival.
• Foggy Isle Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
• You agree to allow Foggy Isle Film Festival to use your film (in whole or in part) along with its publicity materials for promotional purposes.
9. Please do not ask for a deadline extension or submission waiver.
10. Please no torture porn/slasher flicks. We prefer horror comedies or "creative horror" over typical tropes. Every year someone submits a film about a boyfriend/girlfriend that get murdered on a date... Don't be that person, unless you actually have a unique take on it.
11. As this event works with an extremely limited budget and the help of many volunteers, we are unable to pay screening fees at this time.