Calling all independent horror/comedic filmmakers from around the world!
Foggy Isle is a macabre-themed film festival based out of Victoria, British Columbia.
From the use of gallows in Market Square, the Brother XII Cult of the 1920s, to the myth of Victoria being the "Satanic Capital of North America," weirdness runs through the region's veins. These days though, Victoria is more about cafes than cults, and the ghosts are being pushed out due to gentrification!
Foggy Isle Film Festival's mission is to bring the creepy back to Victoria, by showcasing short films that celebrate all that is weird, macabre, and darkly hilarious. In short, Foggy Isle is more about a mood than a genre.
Selected films will be screened in front of a live audience in a cabaret styled set-up at the Victoria Event Center on 24 September 2020.
1. Entries are accepted exclusively through FilmFreeway.com
2. Entries may be fiction, animation, or experimental. Films must be in English OR contain English subtitles. Films can have a maximum run-time of 15 minutes including credits. Only films completed after January 1, 2019 will be considered.
3. Films that are selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival will be notified before 1 September 2020.
4. If a project is selected to screen, the filmmaker will be required to submit the following:
• Minimum two high-resolution film stills
• Brief synopsis of the film
• Film exhibition copy, minimum 1080 resolution, .mp4 or .mov file.
5. Films selected to screen at Foggy Isle Film Festival may not be withdrawn.
6. One representative from each selected film will be provided with one free event pass.
7. Your submission of this entry form confirms that:
• You have the legal right to represent and submit this film for consideration and accept the rules of Foggy Isle Film Festival.
• Foggy Isle Film Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, or royalty infringements related to the work.
• You agree to allow Foggy Isle Film Festival to use your film (in whole or in part) along with its publicity materials for promotional purposes.
8. Please do not ask for a deadline extension or submission waiver.
9. Please no torture porn/slasher flicks.