The International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination was established as a means of supporting and promoting filmmakers all over the world. Our main mission is to raise local and international awareness towards issues relating to women and social issues in general, and to help the United Nation promote peace and its humanitarian goals.
The International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination open submissions from all over the world. Although receiving films with general theme, we especially accept short and feature films/documentaries that relate to women, social issues, and zero discrimination theme. With this festival, we hope to present inspiring and informative outstanding films to be our showcase in.
Following the big success of previous festivals' events and outstanding acclaim from Indonesian audience, with bright hope we are welcoming the filmmakers from all over the world to submit their outstanding films.
The festival will be held its Awards Ceremony in March 2016 to celebrate Women International Day (8 March) and Zero Discrimination Day (1 March). The festival will be featuring premiere screenings, film-making workshops and special guest appearances by filmmakers, mass media, and celebrities.
The film submitted are carefully previewed and judged fairly by our experts.
Let's make a better world through films and promote a life free from fear to be who they are, despite where they come from. Everybody has the fundamental right to live with dignity.
Awards & Prizes
The International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination (IFFWSZ) will be held on March 2017 to celebrate International Women Day (8 March). On that day, we will hold an Award Ceremony in Planet Hollywood, Jakarta. The International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination will give Awards of Excellence, Platinum Award, Gold Award, and Special Awards (if necessary) during Awards Ceremony in Jakarta. All accepted filmmakers are honored at the Awards Ceremony. Winner of the Festival will be granted a giant medal during the Awards Ceremony. Filmmakers who couldn't participate in the Awards Day in Jakarta will only receive laurel, despite their winning status. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the Awards Ceremony.
Winning films will be screened once at our partner institutions based on juries’ selection if they pass the censorship and meet the technical criteria. However, not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the right to screen and not to screen the winning films.
During the festival we will conduct screenings, film making workshops, and press conference. All winning filmmakers, mass media, government bodies, and celebrities are warmly welcomed.
Rules & Terms
Please read this below TERMS & CONDITIONS carefully before you submit.
This agreement pertains to all Work/s submitted to International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination. Be it known to any filmmaker or submitter, by submitting your film/s) to International Film Festival for Women, Social Issues, and Zero Discrimination, you are agreeing to all TERMS AND CONDITIONS below in full.
1. The submitter guarantee that all rights and releases has been legally secured, including music rights, songs, etc and the submitter releases the Festival and all its member from any legal action whatsoever.
2. A) If nominated, 2 DVD PAL (required) and 1 blu-ray (optional) or DCP (optional), must be sent. Mark case and DVD, with title, length, and director's name. Please mark your film with "No Commercial Value - For Cultural Purposes Only" either on the envelope and the shipping invoices.
B) Please send the DVDs/Blu-ray/DCP mentioned in point 2A through courier, or post, or Digital Transfer Service. We do not accept data for final judging and screening.
C) Although every possible care will be taken with DVDs while in our possession, however, we cannot accept responsibility for unforeseen loss, stolen, or damage of entries. Please do not send originals. We do not receive downloads of any kind.
3. All transportation/shipping costs (including customs clearance) to Jakarta, plus fees for insurance while in transit, must be borne by the participants (please write: For Cultural Purposes only - Not for commercial use). The Festival Director reserves the right to refuse any shipment involving unpaid costs.
4. All submissions should be sent pre-paid.
5. We will not return your screening and exhibition copies.
6. All submission fees are non-refundable.
7. All selection committees' and juries' decisions are finals.
8. Only producers or directors can receive the physical awards at the award ceremony.
9. Regardless of the Prize and their winning status, winning filmmakers who can't attend the Awards Ceremony in Jakarta, will only receive laurels.
10. The festival has the right to disqualify a winning film for any reasons, without having to explain the reasons to the submitter.
11. Submission of an entry gives the festival permission to have accepted work exhibited, photographed, locally telecast, and reproduced either in part or whole, for educational or publicity purposes. Filmmakers can request in writing that their material not be used for such purposes after the Festival.
12. We do not pay any screening fees. Not all winning films will be screened. The festival has the full right to select the winning films to be screened.
13. The Festival Directorate may deny participation to any film unable to meet the technical requirements for a public screening of good quality.
14. The Festival Management reserves the right to make changes in the profile of the Festival, if it becomes necessary to do so due to circumstances beyond his/her control.
15. All filmmakers/submitters are expected to keep communications with the Festival professional and in good taste. Failure to do so may result in disqualification at any point in the adjudication process, including the nullification of Official Selection status or nominations. That stated, the Festival will only communicate with the person who submitted his/her film to the festival, and that Festival should not be expected to communicate with any other persons.
16. The festival has the right to work with any institution and partner festivals for all kind of cooperation, including joint events or promotions.
17. The Festival reserves the right to make any necessary changes in regulations or scheduling.
18. The submitter/filmmaker also acknowledges that remediation of any sort will be limited to a refund of their submission fees.
19. Films could be from any year.
20. Student submitter should be able to show his/her valid Education institution student identity document/card upon request by the Festival. Failure to do so will lead to disqualification, and the Festival will have no obligation to refund the submission fee.
21. All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the International Film Festivals shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in North Jakarta. Any dispute arising as a result of submission to the Festival will have a recourse limited to the lesser of either the submission fee paid, or the cost of correcting the issue.
By submitting to our Festival, submitter/filmmaker:
- indicates that they have read, understand, agree with, and will comply all of the Terms and Condition above, and accept all of the terms and conditions herein, in their entirety, without modification.
- agree to indemnify us and hold us and our employees, owners, affiliates, and partners harmless from all claims and liability associated with your participation or entry to the Festival.