The Second Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival 2017
With the continuous progress of human civilization and the acceleration of global integration, the contradictions between social development and environmental protection are becoming increasingly prominent and the clashes between different cultures increasingly intensive. To restore the harmonious relationship between man and nature, promote mutual understanding and tolerance between different cultural backgrounds, and explore exchanges and learning between different civilizations, diverse cultural origins have to be investigated.
The 2nd Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival 2017, themed “Man and Nature”, distributes excellent documentary films exploring a unique perspective on “Man and Nature” across the entire globe. This year’s Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival unites diverse opinions in a spirit of mutual benefit, utilizes a camera lens to seek out the origins of culture and transports films rooted in a certain place, history or culture from one continent to the next, to promote the integrated development of the world’s cultures and help them bloom like a ginkgo tree.
The Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival is a comprehensive platform, including exhibitions, copyright representation, awards, podium discussions, new film releases and investment funds. It is held once a year.
Date: September 6th to 9th, 2017
Event Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Awards & Prizes
The jury will award the following prizes:
1. "Golden Tree Award" Best Long Documentary －1 prize, €3000 Prize Money
2. "Golden Tree Award" Best Medium-Length Documentary - 1 prize, €2000 Prize Money
3. "Golden Tree Award" Best Short Documentary - 1 prize, €1500 Prize Money
4. "Golden Tree Award" Best Mini Documentary - 1 prize, €1000 Prize Money
5. "Golden Tree Award" for Best Director - 1 prize, €3000 Prize Money
6. "Golden Tree Award" Special Jury Mention- 1 prize, €2000 Prize Money
Rules & Terms
Golden Tree International Documentary Festival 2017
Article 1. Registration dates
The Second Golden Tree International Documentary Festival registration dates starts from 1st January 2017 and ends on the 30th June 2017.
Article 2. Awards
1. "Golden Tree Award"Best Long Documentary -1 prize, €3000 Prize Money
2."Golden Tree Award"Best Medium-Length Documentary-1prize, €2000 Prize Money
3. "Golden Tree Award"Best Short Documentary -1 prize, €1500 Prize Money
4. "Golden Tree Award"Best Mini Documentary -1 prize, €1000 Prize Money
5. "Golden Tree Award"for Best Director -1 prize, €3000 Prize Money
6. "Golden Tree Award"Special Jury Mention -1 prize, €2000 Prize Money
Article 3. The reviewing process
The first stage: The selection committee selects 48 finalists from registered films.
The second stage: The selection of final six winners.
Article 4. Entry rules
1. Genre: Documentary.
2. Film length definition:
Long documentary: 60 minutes or more
Medium-length documentary: 26-60 minutes
Short documentary: 7-26 minutes
Mini-documentary: 7 minutes or less
3. The film theme: "Man and nature"
4. Completion of film production requirements: Film must have been completed after 1st January 2015.
5. Registration fee: No charging fee is required for registration.
6. Subtitles: All films will be shown in the original language with English subtitles. The original language refers to the language in which the film is shown in the domestic country.
7. Video formats and media:
For films in the pre-selection phase, the Organizing Committee of Golden Tree International Documentary Film Festival only accepts the following media and formats:
Blu-ray Disc + 1 standard DVD disc;
Or a standard DVD disc;
Or the full film uploaded on VIMEO (including URL and password);
Regarding films that enter the final round of the competition，the Organizing Committee only accepts movies in the DCP format that support the international DCI norm. At the same time, please submit one DVD Disc of the film that is not copy protected.
Article 5. The application process
1. Please fill-out the entry form(see attachment), and forward it to us by email.
2. Please send the documentary films and documents to us either by email (www.goldentreefestival.com) or by fast mail.
3. Once the Organizing Committee received the materials of the documentary, we will send a confirmation email to you.
Article 6. Applicant declaration
1.Copyright notice: The applicant shall have the copyright or distribution rights of the applying film, and ensure that the copyright of the music, video image and creative text of the works are obtained or authorized by the copyright owner of the work. In case of any disputes regarding the film’s copyright, the applicant will bear full responsibility.
2.Declaration of authenticity of the application materials: applicants should ensure
that the authenticity of all registration information, integrity, accuracy, and bear false information arising from the legal responsibility.
Article 7. Declaration of the Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017
1.The Organizing Committee have the express right without restriction in terms of time, territory or subject matter to use static images for public advertising on placards, on other, including mobile, advertising media, merchandising articles, cinema ads, on posters for a total time of no more than 3 minutes, including excerpts of the submitted films prepared by the Organizing Committee in the same length of 3 minutes for the purpose of advertising Golden Tree 2017 on public and private television and Web TV, and on any Internet site, including on ships, on aeroplanes and other mobile playback devices, irrespective of the type of technical dissemination, whether digital, analogue, via cable, via satellite or via uses as yet unknown at the time of the festival.
In addition, the Organizing Committee shall be expressly granted the right without restriction in terms of time, territory or subject matter use excerpts from films, stills and texts, archive excerpts and music sequences on image carriers (DVD, Blu-ray disc) for the purposes of non-commercial advertising of the past festival and to put this tape onto the Internet, irrespective of the operators of the website.
2. The Organizing Committee shall have the right to screen particularly outstanding films in public outside the festival. Should the film submitter not consent to this, please inform the Organizing Committee.
3. Golden Tree International Documentary Festival Organizing Committee aims to keep all film registration information confidential.
Article 8. Registration information
1. The production of all submitted films must be completed and ready. All information or films that are still in the research, filming and post-production stage are not eligible for the competition and must not contain any hostile citizenship, religious or ethnic conflicts.
2. All costs for mailings shall be covered by the applicants. The Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017 shall not be responsible for the failure, damage or loss of materials created during the posting process.
3. The Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017 shall not be responsible for consequences resulting from the transmission of data or errors. Once the registration has been successful completed, the Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017 reserves the right to refund the application fee and return the submitted footage material and related information.
4. The Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017 provides a service department for the handling of copyright and licences. Applicants can register to partake of this.
5. Applicants and film submitters accept all of the above terms and conditions. In the case of legal disputes, the final decision shall lie with the Chinese judiciary.Chinese law shall apply.
Article 9. The Organizing Committee of the 2nd International Documentary Film Festival Golden Tree 2017 reserves the right to adjust and update all articles.
Address：Hanauer Landstr. 52, 60314 Frankfurt am Main
Golden Tree International Documentary
Festival Organizing Committee
1st January 2017