Berlin Indie Doc Fest is the sister festival of Toronto IDF and New York IDF - affordable alternative film festivals for independent documentary filmmakers looking to reach audiences in two of North America's largest cities.
Berlin IDF accepts short and mid-length documentary and mockumentary films from all over the world.
The first annual BIDF will take place in Berlin at the Lichtblick Kino cinema in July 2017.
Rules & Terms
Entrants must fully comply with these rules & regulations, including all deadlines and other requirements:
1. All films must either be in English or have English subtitles. English language films will ideally also have German subtitles.
2. All films must have been completed after January 2015.
3. All films must be submitted via online screener (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.).
4. All accepted films must be submitted on BluRay R0 by July 17, 2017.
5. All entrants must provide a trailer for accepted films.
6. All entrants accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to screen their film at BIDF2017 and warrant that they have the necessary rights. Berlin IDF is held harmless against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at BIDF2017.
7. The date and venue of BIDF is subject to change.