The Austin Music Video Festival & Awards showcases the best (and weirdest!) music videos in the world across the BIG SCREEN of Austin, Texas!
Submit your video (from ANY YEAR and ANYWHERE) for a chance to be seen on the screen and win awards, cash, and prizes.
Check out our new categories, prizes, awards, and judges below!
Awards & Prizes
● Video of the Year (2016-2017) **$500 Prize!!!
● The "Alright, Alright, Alright" Award (Best Austin Music Video) **$500!!!
● Keepin’ It Weird Award (Best Experimental)
● "Your Ad Here" Award (Best Music-Driven Commercial / Promotional Video)
● Best Performance (by Actor or band)
● Violent Vid Award (Best Violent)
● Funny or High Award (Funniest Video)
● Best Narrative
● Overachiever Award (**Students Only**)
● Instant Classic
● Best Interactive (e.g. Virtual Reality, Browser-based, etc.)
● Best Cinematography
● Best Director
● Best Art Direction
● Best Animation / Mixed Media
● Best Visual Effects
● Terry Lickona (Executive Producer of Austin City Limits, Co-producer of The GRAMMYs)
● Graham Reynolds (Composer for Golden Hornet Project, Before Midnight, A Scanner Darkly)
● Robin Lambaria (Director of Marfa Film Festival)
● Alex Vallejo (Co-producer of Pachanga Latino Music Festival, Vallejo, Austin Music Foundation)
● Marc Fort (Texas Music Office)
● PJ Raval (University of Texas, RTF Professor)
● Lauren Kinsler (University of Texas, RTF Professor)
● Simon Katz (Republic Records)
● Caroline Bottomley (Radar Awards, UK)
● Jean Lauer (Cine Las Americas International Film Festival)
● Ramtine Nikzad(Fortress Fest)
● Jake Nishimura (AEG Live)
● Curran Nault (OUTsider Fest)
● Steven Cantu (SoFar Sounds)
● Malika Boudissa (Resonator Experience Agency)
● Caroline Bottomley (Radar Awards, UK)
● Bradley Beesley (Film & Video Director (The Fearless Freaks))
● Emmy Robbin (Actress (Machete Kills, Sin City), Dead Love Club)
● Roy Rutngamlug (Austin Film Festival)
● Omar Lozano (Visit Austin)
● Joseph Stern (Goodbuds, former film festival director)
● Minh Vu (Texas Film Commission)
Rules & Terms
IMPORTANT Rules & Terms
01. The awards are open for music video production companies, agencies, directors, producers, record companies, artists and other professionals working with music video production age 13 or older.
a. Music Videos can be ANY LENGTH / from ANY YEAR.
b. Student Submissions must be accompanied by a current student ID (2016 or 2017).
c. Acceptance may only guarantee screening OR award nomination.
02. Participants can attend with one or several music videos and every music video can be nominated for more than one award.
03. Each category is open for music videos that have been submitted to the Austin Music Video Awards from: Oct 1st, 2016 to July 22, 2017.
04. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending of your music video or registration. Incomplete registration that doesn't meet the requirements of these conditions will be disqualified.
05. All music videos submitted will first be reviewed and nominated by AMVFest. These nominations will be collated and the videos with the highest score will go to the second round. In the second round, a selected group of judges will judge who receive the prize. They can reallocate a video into a different category.
06. The winning entry in each category will show the necessary artistic quality, creative contributions and technical skills in line with the category’s requirements.
07. All the Winners will be announced and receive their trophy at the awards ceremony that will take place at the Austin Music Video Festival in September 2016. Winners who can’t show up, have to send a representative to receive the award. A list of winners will be published on the website and stay there as long as the Austin Music Video Festival.
08. All entrants warrant and undertake that they have obtained all relevant rights and written. Permission from individuals featured in the entry.
09. All participants warrant that their movie does not violate federal law.
10. By submitting the music video permits participants that the Austin Music Video Festival can use the video as well as pictures and names attached to the film for advertising and public relations purposes in connection with marketing the Austin Music Video Festival.
11. The Promoter may use the information participants provide to contact participants regarding their products and services.
12. Promoter’s Anthony Erickson, Samantha Gallion and Jeremy Roye reserve the right to modify these terms.
13. Not all submissions are guaranteed acceptance. AMVFest retains the right to accept or decline any submission.
14. There are NO REFUNDS. Thanks for your understanding.