We are accepting film submissions from Colorado State University (CSU) students and alumni for our first annual Through The Student Lens film festival. Proof of CSU student/alumni status will be requested. There is no submission fee.
Through the Student Lens looking for documentaries, short films, animated films, personal narratives, experimental work, and any combination of these. The themes and topics for our film festival can revolve around identity, race and ethnicity, sexuality, gender, LGBTQ, immigration, trauma, mental health, the environment, technology, the internet, and anything else you think would fit within these topics. There is no restriction on content and we are open to any form of self-expression that expresses your world-view.
Our premiere screening will be at Colorado State University on Thursday, March 26, 2020.
This program is supported by Colorado State University's ACT Human Rights Film Festival.
All selected filmmakers will receive four tickets to attend the 2020 ACT Human Rights Film Festival. Various other promotional items will be provided via our festival sponsors.
The winning film will be shown during ACT Human Rights Film Festival and the filmmaker will be invited be given a filmmaker's all access festival pass.
1. You must be a current Colorado State University (CSU) student, CSU alumni, or the film must be a collaboration with a CSU student or alumni. Proof will be requested. There is no fee to submit films.
2. You can submit up to 3 films.
3. Length of work must be between 30 seconds and 10 minutes including credits (no exceptions)
4. Format must be mp4 or mov
5. Please include the title of your film, the date it was completed, the length, credits and a synopsis. Excluding these may result in your film be disqualified.
6. We are only accepting films that were completed after January 2017 up to the present
7. Submissions with dialogue in languages other than English MUST be subtitled in English
8. Entrant MUST upload their films to FilmFreeway's site