A town’s Outlaw Biker Club and Church People inflict equally vicious hostility on a mixed-race Lesbian couple from NYC who moves back to Small-Town U.S.A.
Main Quest of leads is to be accepted as equal citizens and have a normal life
Main Theme of the story is to show equally nasty cruelty from violent outlaw biker gang and pious Church elitists regarding gays and racism.
Present-Day (but Retro mind-set) Episodic Drama ALL names unassigned
Mid 40’s, mixed-race Lesbian couple, Ent Lawyer and Ad Exec from N.Y.C.:
- BLACK is Negro lost her Sister, WHITE, Caucasian, lost Mother to Cancer
- White is hip, hot, raw, music-business savvy Ad Exec, and edgy alpha-girl
- Black is cool, quiet, classy, business-savvy Ent Lawyer and sensible nice girl
- Both very dedicated to raising money for Breast Cancer support and research
- They’re moving back to White’s home town to settle her Mother’s Estate, open cabaret/bistro Demi Tasse, set-up support groups for survivors and patients and establish charity fundraiser concerts for local Cancer care
- musical acts and friends from NYC visit them and perform gratis at their club
- they want a big-name celeb to headline First Annual Spectacular Ta-Ta Gala
- suffering Cancer patients and Caregivers refuse their help and support groups
- Motorcycle Club Biker DAD-BIKER is a conflicted secret ally who lost his wife to breast cancer and now his daughter is doing the same chemo therapy, but he must keep up a pretense as a violent Club misogynist, anti-gay racist
- REVEREND and Church People want them to leave to preserve town’s purity; offer conversion therapy and insist money from Leads’ fund-raisers go to Church or Leads will die as unclean souls sanctified as God’s will
- Agent’s WIFE and other unknown gays are offered support but betray our Leads
Project Type:Television Script
Number of Pages:54
Born and raised in Toronto, Canada
Fashion and Business at Seneca
Film Studies at Ryerson
Screenwriting with Larry Kasdan
2 yrs Royal Conservatory of Music
12 years York Region District School Board, Educational Assistant
5 years Volunteer - Art Gallery Ontario(AGO), TIFF, Canadian Film Fest
2 years TV Producer - Rogers Cable TV
Published Author 2006
12 Children’s Books
7 TV Pilots
4 Feature Films
5 Poetry Books
Google: Marisa Torre:
LinkedIn – 4600+
Stage32 – 19,000+
Twitter – 1700+ Followers
FaceBook – 900+ PoetryForPeopleWhoHatePoetry
My literary favourite is G.B Shaw.
At age 15 in High School English class, I was greatly influenced by his play
MRS WARREN'S PROFESSION, not so much for the salacious subject matter he made sociable to discuss, but because he taught me to understand the other side of judicious morality.
With A PEARL BEFORE SWINE, Shaw’s work becomes relevant to a new generation engaging elements of history and literature they can relate to.
I am mindful to do justice to Shaw's elevated views of morality and the depiction of common decency in those we see as below us and the defects in those we see as above us.
Teen audience appeal is from young leads and tie-in to High School lessons.
All audience appeal is from previous success and curiosity of story evolution.
I offer a unique talent for compelling visuals and controversial dialogue driven in the context of mainstream projects featuring light comedy and music in TV and Film.
My work is highly praised by industry pros and I've worked in TV production
My poetry has been published in the USA and I'm the invited headliner at readings.
I pride myself on successful collaborations to established franchises as well as
writing to targeted audiences, casting and production budgets
I'm a very centered, well adjusted earthy person
-no drugs no drama no demons
with an insanely wild imagination, solid work ethic and smart business sense