WHAT'S YOUR STORY?
Screenwriting is where it's at, or should we say where it all begins. As Alfred Hitchcock once said ... "To make a great film you need three things -- the script, the script, the script."
At STORYLINE, we believe that every great picture starts with a great screenplay, and we set out to honor those writers who are committed to the craft in delivering such work. From new worlds, rich characters, and compelling conflict, STORYLINE celebrates long and short format narratives that will forever change us.
STORYLINE is a division program of the DaVinci International Film Festival and was founded by award-winning filmmakers and WGA screenwriters. For more information, please visit storylinefestival.com or davincifilmfestival.com
- LEO AWARD
- CERTIFICATE & WINNERS LAUREL
- SPONSOR PRIZE PACKAG
- DIFF/STORYLINE ALUMNI NETWORK
- LONG-FORMAT WINNER(S) ELIGIBLE FOR DIFF DEVELOPMENT SERVICE
- Submitted scripts must be original and the sole property of the applicant(s)*
- Feature and Short scripts narrative scripts must be in Master Scene Format
- All entries must be in English
- Feature screenplays must be between 80-120 pages
- Short screenplays must be under 40 pages
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit
- You may not submit the same script more than once
- All entries must be uploaded in PDF format. Scripts will not be returned
- Under absolutely no circumstances will substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entry script(s) be accepted
- If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced, or purchased between the time of submission and the end of the judging period, that script will no longer be eligible
- Competition judges, readers, and employees of STORYLINE or the DaVinci International Film Festival (DIFF) Screenplay Competition, past or present, and their immediate friends and families are not eligible to enter
- Previous winners of the STORYLINE Screenplay Competition are not eligible
- Scripts submitted under a pen name will be immediately disqualified
- Script title cannot be changed after submission under any circumstances
*Original Works: The script is wholly based on the writer’s own, unique imagination and is not adapted from outside material. The ONLY EXCEPTION at DIFF Storyline is if the writer(s) currently holds exclusive rights/Option to the source material.