We are proud to present the forth edition of the “PIETRASANTA Film Festival”. The festival dedicated to short films is hosted in Pietrasanta.
In 1877 the poet Giosué Carducci praised this municipality now known, internationally, for its arts and crafts, such as the prestigious laboratories of marble, the famous foundries, numerous art galleries. With their work and with their presence, the artists, alongside the studios hosting authoritative masters from around the world, have made this town an open air museum. For such reasons, Mondo Cinema chose the beautiful city of Pietrasanta the ideal venue for their international film festival of short films, which aims to give visibility to authors that are little known to the general public, in a artistic and cultural environment known and appreciated worldwide.
Awards & Prizes
Awards of the 2017 edition of “PIETRASANTA Film Festival” will be as follows:
• “Città di Pietrasanta” Award will be assigned by the technical panel to the best work ever. The prize value is $ 1.000 (one thousand dollars, or the same amount in euro).
• “Mondo Cinema” Award, awarded by Mondo Cinema.
• “Settima arte” Award, awarded by the technical panel.
• “Popular Jury” Award, awarded by the popular jury.
• Any special mentions will be awarded by the technical panel.
For the 2018 edition, valuable artworks (like sculptures, plates and such) will be the awards.
Rules & Terms
Each participant will compete with a maximum of 2 (two) works. The works sent in for the competition must meet the following requirements – works will be excluded otherwise:
• Length will not exceed 20’00” (twenty minutes and zero seconds) total including credits.
• They were not produced on a date earlier than January 1st, 2013 (date of production means when the work has been completed). Please, note – In case of exclusion for failure to meet requirements 1 and 2, the entry fee will not be refunded.
• Works in foreign languages must be subtitled in Italian.
- The petitioner declares to be entitled to all the rights of the work and any of its components; declares that the contents of the same in its availability and do not violate any laws or regulations or the rights of third parties, particularly copyrights, image rights, the brands and patents for industrial inventions; ensures and declares, moreover, that the work does not contain any libellous. In any case, the participant indemnifies the Organising Body from all losses, damages, liabilities, costs, charges and expenses of any nature that may be incurred due to the content of the work and its public screening.
- The works submitted will not be returned and will be held as assets of the archive of the Organisation of the Festival. They will be shown for cultural and educational, not for profit, in every instance and place as the Organising Body deems appropriate. The Organising Body reserves the right to use the entered material for future events with the sole obligation to credit the source and inform and notify the authors or copyright holders.
- A special artistic committee will select the works that will enter the finals; the authors of the works selected for the final will be readily informed. The technical panel and the popular jury will choose the winners of the various awards.
- The Organisation Body might choose to add other awards, or not to award prizes in case works submitted prove not be relevant to the category.
- The members of the artistic committee (directors, film producers) and members of the juries are chosen independently. The decision of the artistic committee, and the juries alike, is final. The Organising Body makes the final decision in case of controversy.
- The Organising Body reserves the right to suspend or modify the festival if they see fit. In case of cancellation of the event, fees will be refunded.
- Participation in the contest implies explicit acceptance by all its participants of all the terms and conditions set out in each herein.
- The Organising Body will set new provisions to regulate new cases.
Based on the experience from the previous editions and to make the participation easier for all the directors, no categories/sections are listed for the 2018 edition of the “PIETRASANTA Film Festival besides the “Free theme”.