St. George, UT--as well as a handful of its beautiful surrounding areas-- represents grand desert country at its most breathtaking. This, among other things, makes it a perfect spot for a film festival. Attend the fest and then stick around and check out all the incredible sights and sounds southern Utah has to offer.
The Desertscape International Film Festival invites and encourages filmmakers from all around the globe to submit their work. Shorts, features, student films, etc. If you're proud of it, submit it! Furthermore, all genres are welcome.
All selected entries will be presented in a theatrical setting to enthusiastic festival attendees over the course of 4 fun-filled days in one of most beautiful cities in the U.S. And yes, awards will be handed out to the best of the best!
The cinematic adventure that is The Desertscape International Film Festival: Year 2 will enjoy its spectacular run from June 17th -20th in beautiful St. George, UT!
If you're a filmmaker, what are you waiting for? Submit your film now! This is a great opportunity to share your work!
If you're a film-goer, mark your calendar because this is an event you won't want to miss! Conversations with storytellers, panels, special industry guests, live music, and of course, a wide variety of films for your viewing pleasure!
The Desertscape International Film Festival! Celebrating film from around the globe!
Submitting your film is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website. Trophies and/or certificates will be awarded to the best of the best in various categories.
Awards will be chosen by a jury select made up of knowledgeable film industry professionals and experts.
Best of the Fest
Best Feature (International)
Best Short (International)
Best Student Film
Best International Student Film
Best Music Video
Best Animated Short
Best "Made in Utah" Film
Best Feature Screenplay
Best Short Screenplay
"Making a DIFFerence" Feature Film
"Making a DIFFerence" Short Film
*Desertscape Film Categories Subject to Change!
Filmmakers! Please thoroughly read the following before submitting your film:
DESERTSCAPE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL ENTRY RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. All film submissions must include submission fee and completed online FilmFreeway entry form.
2. Feature films (50 minutes to 145 minutes) and short films (50 minutes or less) of all genres are accepted. Multiple categories, including Narrative Films, Documentaries, Animated Films, Music Videos, and Student Films, are welcome. Digital files only!
3. All films must either be in English or include English subtitles.
4. Once films are submitted, no alterations may be made.
5. When final films are selected, filmmakers may be contacted for alternative film formats for programming purposes.
6. Films that have screened and or have received awards at other festivals can be submitted provided they adhere as to all rules and regulations.
7. Only films that have been completed by June 2014 or newer will be accepted as part of the competition process.
8. Films with distribution are ineligible for award consideration but may be considered for special screenings.
9. The Desertscape International Film Festival reserves the right to accept, reject, or disqualify any submission at their discretion without a refund. That said, it should be noted that we will watch every film we receive.
10. Not all films selected will necessarily be in competition but filmmakers will be notified either way.
11. The Desertscape International Film Festival does not maintain ownership of any film submitted but does have the legal right to use images and as much as 30 seconds of footage for festival promotional materials.
12. Film submission entry fees must be paid through the FilmFreeway portal as instructed.
13. In an effort to make the "in competition" playing field level, The Desertscape International Film Festival will not offer submission fee waivers.
14. Award winners will be revealed at the Desertscape International Film Festival at the awards ceremony the evening of Saturday, June 22nd.
15. Filmmakers will be notified whether or not their film has been accepted to the Desertscape International Film Festival no later than June 10th, 2019.
The filmmaker releases the Desertscape International Film Festival from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered film file. The filmmaker understands that the programmed material will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this film. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the film in the best possible manner but the festival is not responsible for any malfunctions during screenings. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the films are in working order. The Desertscape International Film Festival assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of a film at the actual event.
The Desertscape Film Festival reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen a film, despite it being selected for the festival.
It is the sole responsibility of the filmmaker to obtain the legal use of any and all copyrighted material presented in a film before submitting to a festival. The Desertscape Film Festival is not liable should a filmmaker fail to do so.
Promotional items and/or any programming materials will not be returned.
All shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the sender.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND THE DESERTSCAPE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, FMASU, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
Now, what are you waiting for? Submit a movie! The cinematic adventure that is the Desertscape International Film Festival awaits you!