Adapt Short Film Festival 2023, is a transformative film festival, challenging film and design students of India to create inclusive short stories on screen.
The objective of the festival is to reach out and encourage student filmmakers to create original works around themes of "Disability & Inclusion".
From the producers of the feature film, "Margarita With A Straw", by Shonali Bose, the organization was founded by Dr. Mithu Alur in 1972. ADAPT, from a special school started with three children, has grown to become one of the foremost non – profit organizations in the country, providing services for more than 300,000 children and 10,000 families.
1. Best of the festival: Rs 60,000
A work of exceptional quality. The film judged to be the most outstanding short film.
2. Advocacy Award: Rs.25,000
Film judged to have the most powerful message for disability justice.
3. Access Award: Rs 15,000
Film with the best accessibility through captioning and audio description
1.All genres are accepted with a maximum length of 25 minutes. (Festival has 2 categories for submission)
2.Maximum 1 entry, per category will be accepted.
3.All films should be submitted with English subtitles.
4.Festival authorities have the final word.
5.All the winning films should incorporate the "ASFF LOGO" once notified.
6.Films can be released online or participate in other festivals after October 10,2023.
7. Films have to be available for Festival screening on .mov (ProRes 422) or .mp4 (codec H264) - 10 Mbs - 1920 x 1080 video file.
8.All submission must contain the following mandatory fields:
• Title of the film
• Logline of the film (100 words maximum)
• Film’s category (fiction, documentary, animation, etc.)
• Film’s type (Micro Shorts or Awareness Shorts)
• Region and language
• Phone number and email address of the responsible who submit the film (the person responsible will be contacted in case of selection or non-selection)
• Phone number and email address of the director.