Love and Loneliness in an Advanced Technological Age
David, a lonely odd bod with intimacy issues, invests in a top-of-the-range cyborg sex doll, but Electra proves to have a mind and heart of her own when David's affections transfer to an actual human.
Warren Paul GloverWriterDark Angels, A Man Tries to Get Back In, Heart Attack, 2 x 3
Project Type:Short Script, Stage Play
Genres:futuristic, dramedy, comedy, romantic comedy
Number of Pages:19
Country of Origin:Australia
Vegas Movie Awards (February 2021)Las Vegas
February 14, 2021
Best Short Script - Award of Excellence
Warren Paul Glover is a British-Australian screenwriter, playwright, poet and actor.
His writing has been screened, performed and published in Australia, Britain, Ireland, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the United States.
Warren was a script assessor for Sydney’s Short+Sweet play festival from 2014-2018.
He has a degree in Sociology.
• 2013: Novel Writing - Sydney Writers’ Centre, Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: Playwriting – Griffin Theatre Company, Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: Weekend Film Producers' course - Australian Film Base, Sydney, Australia.
• 2010: Screenwriting – Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
• 2009/10: From Short Stories to Short Film – Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
• 2009: Writing Poetry & Short Stories - Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Produced credits (shorts):
• 2018: MALCOLM TURNS TO THERAPY (sit-com pilot; script editor/additional writing and played 'Malcolm'), Sydney, Australia.
• 2016: REVISE (short; script editor), Sydney, Australia.
• 2015: DIRECTOR (short; script editor), Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: DARK ANGELS (short; co-writer), Melbourne, Australia.
• 2011: A MAN TRIES TO GET BACK IN (short; writer) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• 2011: HEART ATTACK (short; writer), Sydney, Australia.
• 2010: 2 x 3 (short; writer, co-director) Edinburgh, Scotland.
• ‘Out from the Shadow of Men’ (screenplay adaptation of Laila El-Sissi’s memoir)
• ‘DeCodeMe’ (dramedy feature); AzureCine (now defunct) Melbourne, Australia
• ‘Zafeer’ (drama feature) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• ‘Who Stole My Megaphone’ (drama, long short) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• ‘The Falling World of George Solomon’ (drama feature) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
I've been involved more in theatre than film, although I do bash out screenplays at regular interviews. Currently adapting my radio play, 'Bushfire', into a screenplay.