A successful, romantically-conflicted young woman chooses career over love in a desperate attempt to avoid the mistakes of her mother, but it's her mother's love for a younger man that opens the door to romance for her daughter.
Warren Paul GloverWriterA Man Tries to Get Back In, Heart Attack, Dark Angels
Project Type:Screenplay, Stage Play
Genres:romantic comedy, comedy, relationships, female lead, stage adaptation
Number of Pages:100
Country of Origin:Australia
Manchester Lift-Off Festival April 2021Manchester, England
April 10, 2021
Best Feature Script
Warren Paul Glover is a British-Australian screenwriter, playwright, poet and actor.
His writing has been screened, performed and published in Australia, Britain, Ireland, Mexico, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the United States.
Warren was a script assessor for Sydney’s Short+Sweet play festival from 2014-2018.
He has a degree in Sociology.
• 2013: Novel Writing - Sydney Writers’ Centre, Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: Playwriting – Griffin Theatre Company, Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: Weekend Film Producers' course - Australian Film Base, Sydney, Australia.
• 2010: Screenwriting – Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
• 2009/10: From Short Stories to Short Film – Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
• 2009: Writing Poetry & Short Stories - Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
Produced credits (shorts):
• 2018: MALCOLM TURNS TO THERAPY (sit-com pilot; script editor/additional writing and played 'Malcolm'), Sydney, Australia.
• 2016: REVISE (short; script editor), Sydney, Australia.
• 2015: DIRECTOR (short; script editor), Sydney, Australia.
• 2011: DARK ANGELS (short; co-writer), Melbourne, Australia.
• 2011: A MAN TRIES TO GET BACK IN (short; writer) Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
• 2011: HEART ATTACK (short; writer), Sydney, Australia.
• 2010: 2 x 3 (short; writer, co-director) Edinburgh, Scotland.
• ‘Out from the Shadow of Men’ (screenplay adaptation of Laila El-Sissi’s memoir)
• ‘DeCodeMe’ (dramedy feature); AzureCine (now defunct) Melbourne, Australia
• ‘Zafeer’ (drama feature) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• ‘Who Stole My Megaphone’ (drama, long short) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
• ‘The Falling World of George Solomon’ (drama feature) FilmStreet 1930’s Studios, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
REBOUND was originally a one-act (30 minute) play under the title 'ELLEN AND TROY AND ELOISE'. As 'ELLEN AND TROY AND ELOISE' it premiered at New York's Midtown International Theatre Festival (MITF) in July 2016, picking up three award nominations, including for best playwright. It was reprised at the Spotlight On Festival, again in New York, in 2017.
After writing 'ELLEN AND TROY AND ELOISE' I found that the characters had more to say so kept writing. As a stage play, REBOUND was shortlisted for Sydney's Darlinghurst Theatre Company's 2017 season and premiered at the 2017 Sydney Fringe Festival (Sydney's FBi radio station chose it as one of the 'Top Ten Picks' of the Fringe). REBOUND went on to have a production at Sydney's (now defunct) Blood Moon Theatre and in Manchester, England (near to where I'm from, which is neat).
REBOUND was a great comedy hit at the Sydney Fringe Festival, so I turned it into a screenplay. As it's an adaptation from a stage play it's low budget with a small cast size.