Caledon Public Library is calling students to be involved in our acclaimed Young Reels Film Festival! This year marks the 10th anniversary of this exciting contest, open to all students of high school age - (grades 9 - 12)
Young Reels Film Festival is accepting submissions to February 16, 2018. The Young Reels Film Festival Showcase is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday April 3rd, 2018 (subject to change). This evening is dedicated to celebrating the films created by talented youth in our community. (Young Reels is always fortunate to host a film industry professional to speak with attendees at our Showcase!) Join us for the YRFF After Party once films have been screened and prizes awarded.
Aspiring student directors and filmmakers are welcome to submit their original short film/s (under 10 minutes, using live action, cartoon, animation, claymation, drama, documentary or any other genre) for the opportunity to have their films showcased on the big screen, as well as, to submit for a chance to win monetary prizes in one or more of the following categories: Best Direction, Best Special Effects, Best Public Service Message, Best Animation (NEW this year!), Critic’s Choice, and Audience Favourite. This is a chance for our community’s youth to make a statement, be heard, and tell a story using their voice.
Awards & Prizes
Monetary prizes in the following categories: Best Direction, Best Special Effects, Best Public Service Message, Best Animation, Critic’s Choice, and Audience Favourite.
Rules & Terms
Important information follows on how to submit your film. Please read carefully.
a) General Criteria:
• CPL’s Young Reels Film Festival is open to young filmmakers of high school age, 9 – 12. All submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission form, which must be signed/approved by a parent or guardian.
• Submission forms are available on CPL’s website (caledon.library.on.ca/teens/youngreels.aspx) and by email request (firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Entrants must be residents of Ontario.
• Individual and group or school projects will be considered. (Adult participation is limited to a supervisory or actor role).
• Films must have been completed after September 1, 2017.
• Films submitted must be original and not be copied from others.
• Use original music, and not to include in your film any copyrighted film or television clips, or shots of branded products or company logos
• All participants appearing in your film must submit a completed consent form - those under the age of 18 must have parental/guardian consent to participate and appear.
b) Technical Requirements:
• Run time of the film must not exceed 10 minutes.
• Any film or video format may be used in production. Please note that the format in which you shot and edited your film may vary from those used for preview and theatrical presentation.
• All films are submitted via FilmFreeway.com in MP4 format.
• All entries must be received no later than 4pm on February 17, 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
PRIZES AND SCREENING
• All participants’ short film(s) will be screened at CPL’s Young Reels Film Festival Showcase pending pre-screening for content and adherence to festival general criteria.
• All participants receive certificates of participation.
• One monetary prize will be awarded to one individual or group in each category.
• Young Reels awards are generously supported by Friends of Caledon Public Library.
Young Reels Film Festival contact information:
Tel: 905-857-1400 ext. 231 OR 239
Email: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
**CPL reserves the right to make final determinations regarding issues not currently addressed in this document.**