Women Deliver triannual conferences are world-renowned convenings focused on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
From June 3-6, 2019 in Vancouver, Canada, over 6,000 world leaders, influencers, advocates, academics, activists, artists and journalists will flock to Vancouver with dreams of accelerating progress girls and women everywhere.
One of the most creative program elements of Women Deliver Conferences is the Film Festival – previously referred to as the Cinema Corner – designed to spark conversation on the issues facing girls and women and inspire change through multimedia. Past Women Deliver Conference Film Festivals have taken place in Washington, DC (2010), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (2013), and Copenhagen, Denmark (2016) – making it a truly international affair. Curated by Emmy-winning filmmaker, arts curator and global health advocate, Lisa Russell, MPH, the Women Deliver 2019 Conference Film Festival will be a dynamic exhibition of the power of arts and storytelling.
Over the course of three days, the Women Deliver Film Festival will screen films of all genres – narrative, documentary, animation, music video, student, PSAs and others – in an effort to bring the most inspiring and impactful voices forward. The Film Festival will be located in a central location in the bustling exhibition hall at the Vancouver Convention Center, with adjacent seating reserved for Q&A sessions with on-site filmmakers.
The arts are an invaluable advocacy tool in the quest for gender equality, and film is one medium that can move both hearts and minds. Women Deliver is committed to providing a platform at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference for artists whose creations will help fuel a better world for girls and women, and thereby for all.
For information on the 2013 Cinema Corner, please read this Lancet Article: http://tinyurl.com/oa9v4gj
In addition to providing a letter of acceptance and a festival laurel, the 2019 Women Deliver Film Festival will have awards to be announced at a later date.
* Filmmakers, producers, and distributors from around the world are invited to submit their original work to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference Film Festival. Films of all genres relating to gender equality or the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women will be considered.
* Feature length films will be accepted however films will be shown in 25 minutes slots and therefore filmmakers with longer films will need to identify which section of their film they would like screened.
* Submissions must be in English or with English subtitles.
* The production can take place at any time. A premiere status is not necessary.
* We welcome submissions on DVD screeners and via the FilmFreeway secure online screener system.
* DVDs must be labeled clearly with the title, running time and contact information (including name, address and phone number). After submitting through FilmFreeway and paying submission fee, the DVD can be sent to the attention of Lisa Russell, 125 Ryerson Street, Brooklyn, NY 11205 USA.
* More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form and entry fee.
* If your film is selected, then you will be asked to provide stills from the film; press materials; headshot and filmography of director; b&w and/or color and video trailer (if available). Please do not send in press materials until asked to do so by the festival.
*Entry fees range from $20-$60, depending on time of submission and are non-refundable. The early bird rate of $20 ends on August 30, 2018 and the final deadline is March 8, 2019.
* DVDs and other submitted materials will not be returned. Please do not send film prints, master tapes or other originals.
* All film entries selected for the Festival grant Women Deliver's Film Festival the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
* All films submitted must be free from any legal disputes and the filmmaker must have cleared all rights for music and exhibition.
* All filmmakers will be notified of acceptance by April 1, 2019.