Welcome to the official Women in Horror Film Festival! We are a filmmaker and screenwriter focused festival dedicated to celebrating and showcasing women creatives in genre film, as well as the teams with whom they work.
Our full rules and terms are listed below. If you have any questions about whether or not your project qualifies for submission to the Women in Horror Film Festival, please email our staff at email@example.com.
Winners in some categories will receive a truly one-of-a-kind "Lizzie" trophy. Each trophy is hand-painted ensuring that no two Lizzies are exactly alike. Winners in all categories will be awarded and announced live at the event.
ALL Finalists will receive 2 full VIP passes to the opening night party and all screenings, workshops, and panels.
The Best Feature Screenplay and Best Short Screenplay winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing to promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents.
Our exclusive "Lizzie" trophies will be awarded in select categories.
All films entered are required to have 3 or greater of the following different specified creative roles fulfilled by women: (Director(s), Writer(s), Cinematographer(s), Producer(s), Composer, SFX Artist, Editor, Production Designer and/or lead talent). Any unproduced screenplay or TV pilot must be written by or co-written by a woman.
Any films that do not meet the aforementioned requirement and are submitted will be disqualified from the festival consideration and no refunds will be disbursed.
The Festival Directors select all members of the jury for competition and screening. The jury is obliged to award the best film/screenplay in each category.
- Eligible Feature film entries must be between 50-120 minutes in total running time to include opening and end title/credit sequences.
- Eligible Short film entries must not exceed 40 minutes in total running time to include opening and end title/credit sequences.
- Eligible films must NOT be available to the public via online streaming, VOD, or any other streaming / video / broadcast service. Music videos & trailers are an exception to this rule.
- Eligible Feature screenplays should be formatted to industry standards and be between 70-120 pages.
- Eligible Short screenplays should be formatted to industry standards and must not exceed 50 pages in length.
All films submitted for official selection must be entered by October 31, 2019. An entry form and entry fee must be completed for all submissions via FilmFreeway prior to this date. Additional submission details can be found at: www.WIHFF.com.
All films/screenplays submitted must reach the Film Festival by October 31, 2019. If the film/screenplay is not received by this deadline, it will not be submitted. This deadline is final.
The following will be accepted for the submission process:
– On Line secure screener
– .pdf of screenplay
Any film/screenplay sent in other formats for the initial submission process: Beta, Mini- DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm, DVD, printed copy (screenplays) will not be viewed.
If your film/screenplay is selected for the festival, you may attend the festival, at your own expense, to promote and support your film, and collect any awards. The films & screenplays selected to be included in the festival will receive 2 festival passes for to the submitter to attend all screenings as well as all festival related events & parties. Recommendations will be made by the festival to out of town attendees for accommodations.
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organizers of the Festival
Permission to screen the film during the Festival and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decisionof the organizers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
4) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
5) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
6) [You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations of the Festival.
7) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film and forfeiting of your submission fees.
8) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organizers of the Festival a non exclusive license to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
9) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organizers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
12) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
13) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.