Run by the non-profit filmmakers' collaborative, FILMCO, the ttff celebrates films from and about the Caribbean and its diaspora, as well as from world cinema, through an annual festival and year-round screenings. In addition, we seek to facilitate the growth of Caribbean cinema by offering a wide-ranging industry programme and networking opportunities.
Jury Prize: Best Narrative Feature
Jury Prize: Best Documentary Feature
Jury Prize: Best Narrative Medium-length
Jury Prize: Best Documentary Medium-length
Jury Prize: Best Narrative Short
Jury Prize: Best Documentary Short
Jury Prize: Best Student Film
Jury Prize: Best New Media Work
Youth Jury Prize for Best Film (with a youth focus)
Best Trinidad & Tobago Film
The ttff seeks to highlight excellence in filmmaking through the exhibition of fiction and documentary films and new media works made in T&T, the Caribbean and its diaspora. • • We therefore accept submissions from Caribbean filmmakers, Caribbean filmmakers in the diaspora, and international filmmakers with films from or about the Caribbean or its diaspora.
• Submissions must have been completed after 01 January 2020.
• Films screened in competition are eligible for one or more jury prizes.
• All submissions must be made online, via FilmFreeway.
• Films must be Caribbean or Trinidad and Tobago Premieres (Note: preference will be given to the former). Occasionally, however, the Festival considers films that have already been shown publicly in T+T. Please contact us directly if you have a film that falls into this category, or if you have any other queries, at email@example.com.
• Films cannot be screened at other Caribbean-focused film festivals during September 2022.
• For online screenings the Festival must be allowed to geo-tag for the entire CARICOM region. See CARICOM country-listing here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caribbean_Community
• THE FINAL DEADLINE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS IS 20 MAY 2022. THIS DEADLINE WILL BE STRICTLY FOLLOWED.
The ttff reserves the right to determine the eligibility of the submissions to be screened at the Festival, the appropriate venues and time slots for the screening of films, and to use excerpts of the films for publicity purposes. All films submitted must have applicable clearances and the Festival will not be held liable.
Visit our ttff/22 Submission FAQ’s here: http://ttfilmfestival.com/call-for-submissions