Think Shorts is one of the largest short film platforms in the world. We pride ourselves in publishing and promoting independent short films of all genres, languages and origin.
We currently host over 2000 short films, spread across 200+ categories to ensure short films find their much deserved audience.
All short films submitted to Think Shorts will be selected and published. Our dedicated team also handpick short films to Feature on our homepage. We also interview featured filmmakers to our 'Behind the Short' section as well as promote your featured trailer/still image on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Telegram and YouTube.
We'd love you to showcase your short film with us. We guarantee your short film will be published within 48 hours of submitting.
Each month we announce 'Film of the Month' - this is based on the number of visitor likes a short film receives. All films are listed by the number of likes - so feel free to share your film page with friends, family and fans to get your film to the top!
Please note that Think Shorts is NOT a short film festival. We are a short film platform that features and showcases short films. We do however award Film of the Month to the most liked short film by our site visitors. This runs monthly.
Here's what we do:
1. Selected films will be given a unique public film page within our platform which will be categorised according to genre, language, year of release, country and subject. Selected films complete for 'Film of the Month' - based on visitor likes.
2. We also handpick short films to be featured on our home page and social media. Featured filmmakers will also be given the opportunity to take a written interview article that will be published on our 'Behind the Short' section.
3. All category pages are sorted by likes. The more likes your short film has the more it will be seen across the platform.
4. We allocate all selected short films a 'Think Shorts' badge/laurel. Handpicked short films will be given a special 'Featured' badge. Film of the Month' winners will receive a unique badge/laurel.
5. Your short film will be permanently hosted on our platform, until you decide to remove. You can edit your film page details at any time.
Terms of entry:
1. All short films must be publicly hosted on YouTube or Vimeo. If your short film is currently in the festival season you can submit your trailer and change the video once your festival season has concluded. There is no charge in doing so.
2. Short Films must be 40 minutes or less. Trailers must be 10 minutes or less.
4. You can submit a short film that was produced/released in any year, country or language.
5. We accept all types of short films, including: Action, Animation, Comedy, Drama, Documentary, Experimental, Horror, LGBTQ+, Music, Mystery, Sci-Fi and Thriller.
6. At this time we are unable to refund submissions.
7. We accept all languages and countries (subtitles are not required).
8. You can submit your short film more than once, providing it is in separate monthly contests. For example; if you submitted your short film in July 2021 and your short was featured but failed to win ‘Film of the Month’, you can resubmit to another monthly contest. Maximum submission per film is twice.
9. Before submitting, please ensure you have a still image (without text) of your short film within your FilmFreeway project page. Please also list any social media accounts for tagging, as well as information on genre, subjects, country, language, year of release, cast and crew details. If relevant please mention any Film Festival awards/selection history.