##### THE 2020 PRINCE OF PRESTIGE ACADEMY AWARD COMPETITION AND AWARDS #####
See the PAECA WINNERS of 2019 - https://popfilmaward.com/2019-paeca-winners/
Private Screening Only.
WHY ARE WE HERE? Central Florida Institute of Technology (CFIT), the presenting entity of Prince of Prestige Academy Award, is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing educational enrichment and professional development of learners with an emphasis on those areas underrepresented in other post-secondary education.
Award presentation videos for each category will be placed on the POPAA website and social media. The winners will receive special recognition and prizes. This year's selected films will be posted on our website at http://popfilmaward.com/
The purpose of the Prince of Prestige Academy Award (POPAA) or POP Academy Award competition is to recognize outstanding creativity. POP Academy Award aims to champion great motion pictures and to provide an avenue of legitimate and prestigious recognition for exceptional filmmakers otherwise overlooked.
***REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2020 POPAA***
For all feature-length and short-length films released between January 1, 2017, and June 31, 2020.
********** Final Deadline **********
The final deadline for ALL submissions in the 9th annual Prince of Prestige Academy Award is July 22, 2020, at 11:00 p.m. EST. Waivers WILL NOT be granted for late submissions.
********** 2020 Award Categories **********
1. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST ANIMATED PROJECT
2. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
3. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST COMEDY OR MUSICAL
4. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY PROJECT
5. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
6. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST MOTION PICTURE
7. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR
8. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS
9. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST SHORT FILM
10. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST SOUND (MIXING, SCORE, ORIGINAL MUSIC)
11. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST US MADE FEATURE FILM
12. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST US MADE SHORT FILM
13. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST DEMIURGIC PROJECT
*The above-listed awards are for the 2020 Prince of Prestige Academy Award, a change from the 2019 POPAA. Prince of Prestige Academy reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove some of these categories.
**************** Film Submission ****************
To submit a film, go to http://popfilmaward.com/festival/ on your web browser. There are two submission categories: Shorts and features. The only purpose for having separate submission categories is to separate the submission fees. Once the submission process is completed, you’ll receive an automated email stating that your submission has been received.
+++++++++++ Short-length Film Submission ++++++++++
Please verify that your project meets all eligibility requirements before submitting. Since submission of a film constitutes acceptance of Prince of Prestige Academy Award Rules & Regulations (by you and your agents), please review “Rules” section carefully. Submissions are open to the U.S. and international filmmakers. Open to short-length (under 40 minutes) narrative, documentary, animated and experimental films.
++++++++++ Feature-length Film Submission ++++++++++
Please verify that your project meets all eligibility requirements before submitting. Since submission of a film constitutes acceptance of Prince of Prestige Academy Award Rules & Regulations (by you and your agents), please review “Rules” section carefully. Submissions are open to the U.S. and international filmmakers. Feature-length films must be at least 40 minutes in length.
************ The Process ************
(What happens after your film is submitted)
To maintain a high degree of fairness and transparency in the process by which Prince of Prestige Academy Award® selects, nominates, and choose winning films and talent, we have laid out the procedure below.
It is POPAA’s goal to ensure that the Awards competition is conducted in a fair and ethical manner. The Academy requires that Judges, jury, and other rating members make their choices based solely on the artistic and technical merits of the eligible films and achievements.
Once you’ve submitted your film, the following steps will occur.
++++++++++ Step 1: Official Selection ++++++++++
The official selection process is pretty straightforward. Once the film is received by the Prince of Prestige Academy Award, it is judged independently by an eight (8) member committee; collectively comprise of Individuals from the arts community, filmmakers, actors, and professors – each of whom brings a unique perspective and range of experience. Each member assigns a score to the film. Members of the Selection Committee does not see the scores of other members. The projects with the top scores will be submitted to the Festival Jury for a nomination. The POPAA selection committee will also assign your film to the most appropriate category.
Rest assured that the judges are open-minded and have a great appreciation for the cinematic arts. Therefore, if you've made what you'd describe as an experimental narrative, experimental documentary, experimental animation, grindhouse film, or your film has pushed the boundaries of cinema, we would love very much to see it. Just submit your film h here, and we will do the rest.
NOTE: once your film is officially selected, it can be nominated in multiple categories.
An official selection from the Prince of Prestige Academy award is a great accomplishment.
++++++++++ Step 2: Nomination ++++++++++
The POP Festival Jury is comprised of ten (10) members. Each jury member conducts a private independent assessment on each selected film. Films that receive a 7 out of 10 and higher will be considered for the POP Academy Award for the category being considered. This score will be used towards the selection of the Winners.
++++++++++ Step 3: Selecting the Winner ++++++++++
The nominated films will be evaluated on three areas: First, a panel of 3 judges will grade each film. The average score will be used, in addition to other scores, to pick the winner of each category. The panel will select no more than Seven films or Actor/Actress per category. See the breakdown below:
1. Average score form step 1 – 40%
2. Average score from step 2 – 30%
3. Average score from step 3 – 30%
********** Student Filmmaker **********
The Prince of Prestige Academy Awards will be removing the Best Student Filmmaker Category. We encourage filmmakers of all ages to submit their work. However, we will no longer have any separate categories or programs specifically related to young or student filmmakers. All submitted films will compete against each other. If the filmmaker is under the age of 18 and the film is accepted, the filmmaker’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign a written permission before we can screen the film.
Entry fees are significantly reduced for students submitting short films only. The reduced entry fees will be honored upon receipt, by the Prince of Prestige Academy Award, of a photocopy of a CURRENT and VALID student ID card AND a letter from an accredited school verifying enrollment. Please email an image of your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org/ and we will send you a code if you are eligible.
********** POPAA Submission Checklist **********
To complete your POPAA submission, you will need to do the following:
* Submit your film at https://filmfreeway.com/festival/PrinceofPrestigeAcademyAward.
* Submit a Portrait style movie poster – to be submitted by the Final Deadline date.
* Submit a movie trailer (recommended, not required).
* If your film is selected into the best actor or actress categories, you will be required to submit headshot/s.
1. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST ANIMATED PROJECT - Awarded to Director
2. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY - Awarded to Cinematographer
3. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST COMEDY OR MUSICAL - Awarded to Director
4. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST DOCUMENTARY PROJECT - Awarded to Director
5. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM - Awarded to Director
6. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST MOTION PICTURE - Awarded to Producers (Shared)
7. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR - Awarded to Actor
8. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS - Awarded to Actress
9. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST SHORT FILM - Awarded to Director
10. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST SOUND (MIXING, SCORE, ORIGINAL MUSIC) - Awarded to Sound Team (Shared)
11. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST US MADE FEATURE FILM - Awarded to Director
12. PAECA AWARD FOR BEST US MADE SHORT FILM - Awarded to Director
* Winning filmmakers will receive POP Academy's Excellence in Cinematic Arts (PAECA) trophies or certificates which will be mailed to the winners.
* Nominees will receive a Degree style certificate perfect for framing. This will be mailed during the nomination stage to all nominated films (Certificates will be mailed to the address on file).
Winners will be announced on October 15, 2020.
1) Prince of Prestige Academy Awards requires that all films be submitted via a password-protected streaming URL link. Please prepare your film submission link in before starting your online film entry form.
2) Narrative, documentary, experimental, animation, international, and student work are all eligible for submission.
3) Submissions in other languages must have English subtitles.
4) Entries MUST have been created after Jan 1, 2017.
5) Accepted films will be notified on August 12, 2020.
6) All entrants will be notified via FilmFreeway.
7) We will be using the synopsis and bio that is written in the submission entry form but will also be asking for a still from the film.
8) Filmmakers will allow clips from their projects to be used for advertising and promotions.
9) Entry Fees must be paid at the time of submission (No Exceptions).
10) ONLY Student "Shorts" will be given a reduced fee code. The code will be granted when you provide us with both a scanned copy of a current and valid student ID card AND a letter from an accredited school verifying the entrant’s enrollment. A PDF or JPG file of this scanned document may be submitted through the online entry form.
SEE FULL RULES at http://popfilmaward.com/rules-terms/
Response from festival:
Thanks for your feedback and congratulation on your success at Prince of Prestige Academy Awards. We are happy you found value in our festival. Your team has created a great film. We are amazed by the number of roles Director Rouben Manika took on in the making of Sceptre. We wish you much success in all your future endeavors.
Response from festival:
Hello, Edward Payson. We are genuinely sorry to hear about your negative experience at our festival. We'd like the opportunity to make things right. We’re generally known for our exceptional attention to detail and customer service, and we regret that we missed the mark. My name is Colin Harris, and I am the Program Director. If you don't mind giving sending me an email to email@example.com at your earliest convenience, it would be much appreciated. We looking forward to chatting with you and working towards earning back your trust.
Response from festival:
Hello, Jalaladdin Gasimov. Thanks for leaving a review, and mentioning how much you appreciate our festival. The team here at Prince of Prestige Academy Awards is thrilled to hear such good feedback, and we’re proud to be one of the best film festivals in Florida. We enjoyed screening your films Sholler's Archive and The first success of Nobel brothers. We hope to see your great art of work again soon.
Prince of Prestige Academy Awards