Inaugural Industry Next film and music contest focused on finding the next generation of filmmakers, screenwriters, and musicians in the name of inclusiveness. Open to creatives of underrepresented communities in entertainment, submit your film, screenplay, or music for a chance at being a featured speaker at Ermantourage's summer 2019 Hollywood Chills entertainment summit in Los Angeles. Winners in each category also win mentor meetings with a variety of film and music names.
*Portion of submission fees to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention LA. Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
Erman Baradi is a Filipino American writer and producer deemed "top networker in Hollywood." He is the founder of Ermantourage and co-founder of The Film Empire and MixKnowledgy.
Best Music Artist
Winners in each category to be featured for a Q&A at Ermantourage's summer 2019 entertainment summit, an event celebrating creatives of diverse backgrounds in media, film, music, and more.
Projects of winners will be screened by leading names in the entertainment industry, including judges and mentors.
Winner to have a featured interview in digital magazine Vents Magazine and other outlets to be announced.
Mentors (subject to change)
1. Benji Samit, co-executive producer, "One Day at a Time," "The Tick"; writer, "Pokemon Detective Pikachu"
2. Sev Ohanian, producer, “Searching,” co-producer, “Fruitvale Station”
3. Rodney Barnes, writer/executive producer, "American Gods," Marvel's "Runaways"
4. Chiara Seward, producer, Comedy Central
5. Alex Kalymnios, director, "S.W.A.T.," "Titans," "Timeless," "Once Upon A Time," "Quantico"
1. Nicolas Celis, producer, "Roma"
2. Nina Fiore, executive story editor, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
3. Nadria Tucker, writer, "Underground," "Krypton"
4. Peter Welter Soler, line producer, "Game of Thrones"
1. Joshua Heart, casting, Fox's "The Four" (has worked with Ciara, Mariah Carey, A Tribe Called Quest, Beyoncé, Frank Ocean, Keith Sweat)
2. Taylor Gosling, Assistant A&R to Head A&R, G.O.O.D. Music
3. Shirin Nuri, music agent, Creative Artists Agency (CAA)
-Must be 18 years of age or older.
-Applicants can be located anywhere in the world. Must have a passport and travel should you want to attend the summit. International entries are allowed but the material must be written in English.
- If a screenplay is submitted, it must be in PDF format.
- Re-submissions are allowed but entry fee must be paid again.
- Your title page should include the correct contact information.
- At the time of your submission, the script must not have been produced.
- Please no adaptations of material based on another's intellectual property.
- If the script is written by a writing duo, only the writer submitted will qualify.
- Any music submitted must be the original work of the artist.
- Music submitted may not have used samples by other artists.
- Submissions must be the original work of the submitting applicant.