C.R.I.S.F.F New York City
We welcome a new year with live events.
THE CUTTING ROOM INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL AND SCRIPT AWARDS
IMDB AWARD FESTIVAL
Welcomes Indie Filmmakers and Scriptwriters
New York City welcomes hundreds of filmmakers, and scriptwriters to C.R.I.S.F.F. in the heart of New York City.
The Festival is focused on emerging, yet overlooked filmmakers, and writers and aims to show quality film of true indie filmmakers and honor their hard work and dedication.
C.R.I.S.F.F. will be providing a showcase for the best independent cinema, from NYC and around the world, to the public and entertainment industry. Oct 19,20 will screen the best indie films, hold live performances with opening and closing Gala Events. The Festival gives filmmakers the opportunity for potential distribution and funding, as well as awarding the top films across numerous categories, giving them the opportunity to mingle and network with press, supporters, and fans.
Event location TBA
All Official Selections will receive CRISFF Official Laurel
All Winners will receive a Winner Official Laurel
Before you submit your film, please read these Rules and Terms.
If selected, please send specific Tech Specs listed below.
By submitting your film into competition in THE CUTTING ROOM INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, C.R.I.S.F.F. you agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules and Terms.
C.R.I.S.F.F. is open to any short film. Submitting your film is not a guarantee of selection. All the official selection, nominees and the winners will be listed on our website. All the winning films will receive a trophy. Please note that we do not offer waivers.
"Technical Specifications Sheet for the Cutting Room International Film Festival
at the Cutting Room:"
NO Mpeg4 or AVI files
"Codecs: ProRes 422 ONLY
Resolution: 1920x1080, square pixels: content that is not natively 16:9 to be padded into full HD 1920x1080 envelope.
Picture: Rec. 709 color space, gamma 2.2, 4:2:2 chroma subsampling. 8 Bit color depth preferred but 10 Bit color depth accepted. Keep video levels within the safety area, which are white video levels at 100 IRE, color levels at 100% and black levels at 0 baseline.
Frame Rate: Progressive; frame rates, CBR, 23.98 & 29.97 or 25 fps.
Audio: 24 bit, 48 Khz PCM. Stereo/LtRt only.
Audio levels have to be an average of -6db to Odb, not above.
Foreign language films must have English subtitles.
Subtitles: The subtitles stay within the lower third safety area within the body of film.
Wrapper: Quicktime (.mov) only
Film file name should clearly reflect the actual title of the film. There should be no slates, bars/tone or extraneous information contained in the file. The backup file should match identically to the submitted video file in duration and on-screen content. The film should have 3 seconds of black before first frame of action or audio and 3 seconds of black after last image or audio at the end.
Delivery: Filmmakers make their films a downloadable Link from acceptable websites:
• FTP using FileZilla
• We would like USB 3.0 hard drive, ExFat, Mac compatible.
• Backup film files should be on a USB 3.0 thumb drive or portable hard drive, ProRes
422, Mac compatible."
Please Send To Technical Director
76-12 35 Ave., Apt. 2E
Jackson Heights, NY 11372
1. C.R.I.S.F.F. only accepts digital submissions.
2. Films made in languages other than English must have English subtitles.
3. C.R.I.S.F.F. is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
4. C.R.I.S.F.F. reserves the right to refuse entries.
5. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the C.R.I.S.F.F., from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits and publicity.
6. C.R.I.S.F.F. will not refund any fees if the filmmaker fails to submit the film in the correct category. The Festival will make changes were necessary. Films submitted without the correct fees or proper submission media may be deemed ineligible at the discretion of the C.R.I.S.F.F. programming director or executive director. The festival does not cover any of the expenses incurred by the filmmaker.
7. An official selection and a nominee will be privately screened for the C.R.I.S.F.F. judging panel, and will not be screened initially to the public.
8. After a film has an official selection, the filmmaker will be notified, and eventually the film will be listed on the festival website under Official Selections. The Official Selection status means your film will be screened at the festival, and it means that you are now eligible for the nomination and you can use the festival Laurel on your poster.
9. All the Winners of each category will receive a trophy.
10. All entry fees are non-refundable.
11. We require an official, poster, synopsis and a link to your short film. Please select the correct category while submitting. We reserve right to re-assign films to the appropriate category.
12. C.R.I.S.F.F. reserves the right to reject any film or screenplay that it contains prohibited content that is offensive, or has inappropriate sexual content.
14. C.R.I.S.F.F. may without advance notice amend these Rules and Terms from time to time. Each and every such amendment shall be become effective immediately. It is your responsibility to periodically check for updates of these Rules and Terms.
15. The festival will take place on October 19, 20 2019 at
The Cutting Room NYC 44 E. 32nd Street. New York, NY 10016
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE CUTTING ROOM INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL, C.R.I.S.F.F. reserves the right to hold a public exhibition in NYC. Therefore, all filmmakers understand and accept and grant full and unrestricted permission for C.R.I.S.F.F. to screen the film at times the festival chooses and to charge an admission fee for the presentation.
The Filmmaker understands and accepts that they do not participate in receiving any funds from the Box-office proceeds which are fully retained by the festival to help cover the overall cost of the festival presentation. It should be noted for the record that box-office proceeds never cover the cost of presentation of the Short Film Programs.
Required Legal Stuff: The filmmaker releases the festival C.R.I.S.F.F. from any and all liability for damages or destruction of the entered DCP. The Filmmaker understands that the entered DCP will be retained in a secure facility by the festival, and every effort will be taken to protect and control the viewing of this production. The festival assumes no liability whatsoever for theft, copyright violations or piracy of the entry.
The Filmmaker accepts and understands that the festival will do everything possible to present the video in the best possible manner but the festival C.R.I.S.F.F. is not responsible for any and all malfunctions during the presentation of the production at its festival screening. All entries are carefully pre-screened prior to the public showing to assure that the DCP does perform to industry Standards. The Festival C.R.I.S.F.F. assumes no responsibility for any technical difficulties in the presentation of this film at the actual event.
The C.R.I.S.F.F. reserves the complete right to make changes in the program dates and times and to possibly not screen the video, despite its being selected for screening.
The filmmaker will be responsible to present to C.R.I.S.F.F. a new / DCP for the actual presentation of the film at the festival.