Taliesin Nexus is now accepting submissions for the 2019 season of the TalNexus Screenplay Competition.
HOME OF THE JOHN MILIUS SCREENWRITING AWARD
We are currently accepting scripts (PDF format only) in three separate categories: Feature Film, Short Film, and TV Series Pilot.
*** *** *** *** ***
Must be an original screenplay or an adapted screenplay. It must be at least 65 pages in length and no longer than 130 pages. You must be the author of the screenplay. You may submit a screenplay written by more than one person provided that you are one of the authors. Screenplays longer than 130 may be rejected and not considered for any prize or analysis.
TV Series Pilot
*** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Series pilots scripts must be at least 20 pages and no more than 65 pages in length. Series pilots must be original - NO spec scripts. You must be the author of the script. You may submit a script written by more than one person provided that you are one of the authors.
*** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Short film screenplays must not be any longer than 30 pages but can be as short as one page. You must be the author of the script. You may submit a script written by more than one person provided that you are one of the authors.
=====> ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
Taliesin Nexus is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to helping advance the careers of storytellers, filmmakers, and writers by connecting them with industry professionals through workshops, our film lab, mentorships & fellowships, scholarships, and internships. You can learn more about TalNexus, our mission, our core values and even help support us by going to http://talnexus.com
======> WHO ARE THE JUDGES?
[[[[[[ THE 2018 JUDGES ARE LISTED BELOW - THE 2019 JUDGES WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON ]]]]]]]
*** BILL MARSILII ***
Bill co-wrote the romantic time-travel thriller DEJA VU, which holds the record for the highest-priced spec screenplay of all time after selling to producer Jerry Bruckheimer and Touchstone Pictures for $5 million. Starring Denzel Washington, Paula Patton, Val Kilmer and Jim Caviezel, the movie opened Thanksgiving 2006 and went on to gross over $180 million worldwide. Soon after, Bill sold 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA: CAPTAIN NEMO to Walt Disney Pictures, and with his DEJA VU partner Terry Rossio sold their space adventure LIGHTSPEED to Bruckheimer/Disney as well. Bill is currently adapting the sci-fi comic SEBASTIAN X for producer Gale Anne Hurd and director Martin Campbell, and has just sold an original project, COLD, to Lionsgate with Reese Witherspoon attached to star and produce.
*** CRAIG TITLEY ***
Craig currently is co-executive producer on Marvel's AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D on ABC television. As a screenwriter, Craig wrote PERCY JACKSON & THE OLYMPIANS: THE LIGHTENING THIEF, CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN starring Steve Martin, and wrote for the tv series STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS.
*** SARA ANNE FOX ***
Sara Anne Fox is a former development executive and producer with over 40 years in the film industry. Sara played a vital role in the conception and development of over 25 screenplays, three published novels and three produced films: MY FAVORITE YEAR, NOSFERATU and the Oscar winning film QUEST FOR FIRE. For over 20 years, she has used her skills as a writing coach and story editor with screenwriters and novelists to strengthen character development, clarify motivation and improve story structure and plot.
====> WHAT DO YOU WIN? <=====
THE JOHN MILIUS SCREENWRITING AWARD is giving out to the best Feature Film screenplay.
Check back soon for details of the 2019 prizes.
•By submitting your work to this competition, all submitters agree to the rules and terms outlined in the talnexus.com rules and release agreement.
• All ages are eligible, however certain prizes may be restricted due to legal age requirement of certain programs.
• All submissions must have been written originally in english. (No translations accepted.)
• Feature films scripts must be between 65-130 pages
• Series pilot scripts must be between 25-65 pages
• Short film scripts must not be any longer than 30 pages.
• All scripts must be submitted in PDF format. (.fdr, .doc, .docx, .cltx, etc. will not be considered.)
• You may submit more than script, but you will need to pay an additional submission fee for each additional script.
• You may not substitute a “newer” draft of your script once it is submitted. Repeat submissions of the same script will not be considered nor will the submissions fee be refunded.
• If a submitted script becomes optioned, produced or purchased between the time of submission and the announcement of the winner, that script will no longer be eligible to win.
• All participants acknowledge that no offer or contract is being made to the author (optioned, produced, purchase etc.) of the submitted work for anything other than consideration of the terms of the competition as outlined above. Taliesin Nexus reserves the right to rescind any of the prizes, offers, invitations, etc., for any reason without warning.
• Staff and board members of Taliesin Nexus are not eligible to enter. Alumni of the SmashCut Film Lab, Liberty Lab for Film, or Odysseus Fellowship programs of Taliesin Nexus who participated in any year between 2009 - 2018 are not eligible to enter.