Stockholm Experimental Animation Film Festival, SEAFF, is back in its fifth edition!
Focusing on animated short and experimental film, we present highly recognized artists and directors from the international scene as well as new and emerging independent artists and storytellers.
We aim to showcase and promote a diverse and original program of compelling imagery and storytelling with an independent and rare spirit.
We accept narrative and none narrative film, video art, computer animation (2D & 3D), music videos, traditional animation and stop-motion animation on any topic, from every country around the world.
- Attention will be given to artistic originality and creativity.
- We welcome ideas with experimental ambitions.
- Our selection is based solely on aesthetic values.
The first three editions of SEAFF have been held at Zita and Rio, two of Stockholm’s oldest and finest cinemas. Due to the pandemic, the fourth edition was arranged online and for free, thankfully reaching a bigger audience than ever.
SEAFF enriches and provides Stockholm and Scandinavia with a piece of the great diversity of ambitious and qualitative films made internationally.
The festival has been given attention in both Swedish and international press and has been supported by the cultural department of Stockholm City and by the Art Grant Committee in Sweden.
The purpose and goal with SEAFF is to draw attention to filmmakers who through their versatility, artistic originality and creativity leave an unique impression on the art of film!
- Best Experimental Film Jury Award
- Best Animated Film Jury Award
- Audience Awards, number of awards and if they specify the categories are decided by how the votes fall
Please take a moment to read our Rules & Terms before submitting!
- There is no limit as to how many films a Film Maker can submit. However, each film can only be submitted once in one single category. If your film is suiting in more than one category, then please choose the one you find most suiting.
- Completion date does not influence the submission selection.
- Previous Festival history for the Film does not influence the submission selection. Neither Films displayed in multiple festivals nor World premieres are given priority.
- Please make sure that your submission includes the following: Director Photography, Director Statement, Film Synopsis, Director Biography as these are needed to produce the Film Festival Catalogue. Ideally, the synopsis and biography should be around 100 words each.
- No refunds! Accidental double submissions, change of mind or whatever reason to apply for a refund will be ignored!
- The sender of the submitted film is responsible for all copyrights. The applicant is legally authorized to enter the film in the festival and, if selected for the festival, authorized to give screening permission.
- The applicant has secured all necessary rights for both picture and sound, and exhibition will not violate or infringe upon any rights, including but not limited to music, images, and content.
- If selected for the festival the applicant acknowledges and agrees that the film will be displayed in front of a live audience paying entry-fees. Should the pandemic still be an issue we will work out the details for online screenings of the selected films individually.
- The film remains the property of the author.