At Skyline Indie Film Fest we bring to the Shenandoah Valley the absolute best in independent, undistributed films from around the world. To us, indie means off the beaten path. It means doing something because you love it. Daring to be different, to learn and grow. It means overcoming obstacles that could be swept aside if you only had a few more dollars in your bank account. By getting your message across through the use of resourcefulness and adaptability. It means taking initiative, being responsible, and getting in the face of and not backing down from obstacles, naysayers, and detractors. The indie spirit is alive and well and here, we support, embrace, and celebrate it.
Will you help us… Foster the Indie Spirit!
Awards & Prizes
Trophies for Festival Winner, Best Doc, Best Feature, Best Short, Fan Favorite, Director's Choice and more! Prizes based on sponsor's participation.
Rules & Terms
1. Submissions shall be submitted via FilmFreeway
2. Completed films only will be screened.
3. Submissions must be received by May 31, 2018
3a. Please fill out submission form completely.
3b. Submissions will not be reviewed without payment.
3c. There are no fee waivers.*
3ci. Student filmmakers 18 and under may submit for free. Please use the contact form to request student waiver code.
4. Please include a link to the film trailer and electronic press kit.
5. Payment does not guarantee entry into the competition, only that it will be viewed by the programming department and considered for competitive judging.
6. There shall be no refunds. Efforts will be made to contact you if a problem arises but your entry fee shall not be refunded.
7. Filmmakers may submit more than one film; a separate submission form and payment will be required for each film.
8. Festival not responsible for lost, damaged, stolen, or late submissions, marketing materials, etc.
9. Preview copies submitted on physical media shall not be returned.
10. Exhibition copies of submissions shall be in a digital file format, with no watermark, intended for laptop playback; MOV, MP4. Physical discs and drives will not be returned without a self addressed stamped envelope. No exceptions.
11. Entrants shall retain full rights to their submissions.
Once all films have been reviewed by our screening panel official selections will be determined and forwarded to our judges. If your film becomes an official selection of Skyline Indie Film Fest 2018 you will be notified via email no later than July 1, 2018.
By submitting to Skyline Indie Film Fest you grant the festival permission to display the film's trailer, stills and information from the required press kit/EPK on the festival website, social media outlets, and in other marketing and promotional actions.