We are excited to Introduce the first year of the Sky Arts Film Festival! Taking place at the historic Capitol Arts Center in downtown Bowling Green, KY. We are the home of the Corvette Museum and Factory, Home of the Lost River Cave, and have the second most restaurants per capita in the nation.
Bowling Green is a fast growing city, with a media service sector rapidly increasing. Sitting halfway between Louisville and Nashville on I65, Bowling Green was once a stop over town on the road to Music City. But no longer. We at the Sky Arts Film Festival and our partnerships with the City of Bowling Green are bringing Film and Art into the community.
Our mission is to provide a critical avenue for Bowling Green residents, especially students and young adults, to learn and grow in the field of filmmaking and media services. Combined with our Film Festival, we will be holding Masterclasses for local students with industry professionals. As the city grows so does the need for unique and creative media. We are aiming to foster that creation with home grown talent.
Officially selected films will be eligible to receive awards by category, as well as the ranking award for Best of Fest. Prizes will be awarded by a panel of judges based on the film’s overall artistic, narrative, and technical quality.
High School Film
Animation (any length)
Each official selection will be given two (2) VIP Passes to attend Sky Arts Film Festival screenings and events. SAFF plans to offer networking opportunities and panel discussions for film industry professionals and fellow supporters of the arts community. Attendees representing officially selected films may also be asked to participate in panels and moderated Q&A sessions with the audience immediately following their film’s screening.
Submitter only needs to submit to ONE genre, but will be considered in all appropriate categories.
You agree to the following terms and conditions of the Sky Arts Film Festival.
• All films must be the original work of the filmmakers and all filmmakers must have the necessary rights. The festival is not liable for any rights issues.
• The Sky Arts Film Festival is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items, including films in any medium, while en-route or in our possession, on or off of festival grounds.
• By submitting a film to SAFF, you grant the Sky Arts Film Festival permission to screen your film, if said film is officially accepted into this year's lineup.
• If your film has been selected, you are automatically considered accepted. If we do not hear from you otherwise within 14 days of notification, your selection will be accepted and intended for playing in the festival.
• All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Foreign language films without English subtitles will not be screened.
• Only completed entries (including entry form, payment, and final film) will be considered.
• We are an environmentally friendly festival. We accept digital entries ONLY. Do not send DVD’s, Blu-rays, or physical press kits.
• Films must have been produced no earlier than 2010.
• We have no premiere status requirements.
• If accepted, the filmmaker is required to provide the festival a digital file (.mov, .mp4), for exhibition.
• In accordance with the Sky Arts Film Festival policy, the entry fee is non-refundable.
• You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of the Capitol Film Festival Festival.
You grant the Sky Arts Film Festival the following:
• Permission to exhibit your film. Films must be available for screening October 2022.
• Allow photos, posters, highlights or excerpts of your film (e.g. a trailer) to be placed on the Sky Arts Film Festival website and used for other marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow SAFF to promote the following year's festival with the material listed above. SAFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of the SAFF without your approval.
• We are accepting short films (under 35 minutes), feature films (under 125 minutes), and screenplay submissions.
• Notification of selections will be made by September 2022
• The Sky Arts Film Festival reserves the right to change our programming without notice.
• The official selections and screening schedule is at the sole discretion of the festival.
• You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
• Entry fees will not be refunded.
• Entrants are encouraged, but not required, to attend the festival. Entrants receive 2 free full passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival, and can receive artist pricing on each additional pass.
• Exceptions to these rules will not be made unless we make an exception.
• For questions and inquiries, please email email@example.com