Welcome to fear-a-thon!
Are you geared up to gorge on a nerve-jangling glut of ferociousness, disconcerting shocks, and bestial enjoyment? Come, get onboard for a diabolically tense ride, as India’s First and Only Horror Short Film Festival is back with its second edition.
Sixth Sense Horror Short Film Festival, the brainchild of Shaunak Sirrole – a filmmaker, was conceived with the ambition to congregate all horror filmmakers from pole to pole under one haunted roof and provide them the dais to unmask their talent in a genre which is less explored in a country like India.
Last year, the writer of “Final Destination”, Mr. Jeffrey Reddick was the “Guest of Honor” and Mr. Apurva Asrani, National Award Winning Indian filmmaker (Best Editing for Snip!) was the “Chief Guest” of the event. In the inaugural year, we received an outstanding 250 entries from which we screened 50 best films selected by the esteemed panel.
Making a horror film is only half the battle, it still needs to get in front of an audience, and that’s where Sixth Sense Horror Short Film Festival enters the picture. The dream behind inducting this festival in India is not only to prop up Horror Genre, but also present an exceptional juncture for filmmakers to generate enough ballyhoo and eyeballs to get sold — optimistically to a distributor that can put an adequate amount of marketing moolah behind it to transform to box office returns and even awards season buzz. When a film gets selected for Sixth Sense Horror Short Film Festival, its chances of being brought by a distribution arm shoots up.
So, what are you waiting for? Tighten your seatbelts and indulge in a global fête of an adrenaline-fueled genre. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid. Welcome to fear-a-thon!
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
BEST ANIMATED FILM
* Includes Trophies and Cash awards in each category.
1) Films submitted must be 15 minutes and under, content above fifteen minutes will be rejected.
2) The submitted film must present horror genre only, any sub genre in horror will also do, such as slasher/ found footage / zombie / gore /comedy horror / sci-fi / Action Horror / Psychological Horror / Animation
3) Entries should be completed after Jan 2019. Films completed before that time line will be rejected.
4) The selection of the films will be done by the esteemed panel and the decisions will be final, no changes will be made in the decisions.
5) Rights to the film submitted belongs to Sixth Sense Horror Film festival. The festival will have complete rights to screen the films that are selected and showcase it on the channel run by the festival.
6) We advise film makers to use royalty free content, so its easy for us to run it smoothly for screening and other purposes.
7) Films other than English language must have subtitles done. Copies without subtitles will be rejected.
8) Selected entries will be informed about submitting the required format of the film and promotional material individually.
9) Entries can only be submitted via FilmFreeway. No hard copies of the film will be entertained.
10) We reserve the rights to cancel a screening of any film submitted and or officially selected at any time without notice.
11) We may use all or part of your film for promotion.
12) Films submitted for the fest must not be available on the public domain. (you tube and other public platforms)
13) Incomplete projects are not accepted
14) Multiple entries are allowed
15) The owners of Sixth Sense Horror fest hold the complete rights of the change of screening dates or venue.
16) Awards will be decided by the Jury and the results announced will be final, the jury and festival holds complete rights for it.
17) No age or nationality limit.
18) There are no restrictions for the production format.