SIFFCY: This is an annual films festival, organized by Smile Foundation – India, it’s a special film platform devoted to a greater appreciation of meaningful cinema made for children & youth. This is a unique festival which showcases only films with substance, support emerging filmmakers having ideas for value based films & recognize the leaders/promoters of this industry for highlighting the diverse perspectives of Good Cinema through their films. The festival presents features, shorts, live action and animation films over one week, with a projected attendance of more than thirty thousand children and hundreds of film professionals and eminent guests from around the world during the weeklong festival.
• To Entertain,Engage,Educate & Empower young minds through GOOD CINEMA and related activities.
• To promote meaningful cinema that meant for children & youth
• To bring together high quality, entertaining, multi‐cultural cinema for children & youth
• To cultivate understanding of other cultures, lives & experiences through the medium of film
• To catalyze critical appreciation and creative pursuit of cinematic art amongst children & youth
• To support the work of talented and dedicated children & young film‐makers and encourage the exchange of ideas amongst them
THE ORGANIZATION BEHIND:
Smile Foundation a leading development organization directly benefiting over 6,00,000 children and their families, through 250 welfare projects on education, healthcare, livelihood and woman empowerment, in more than 950 remote villages and slums across 25 states of India. Along with its intensive welfare projects on the ground, Smile Foundation has also adopted the model of Civic Driven Change, under which it continuously strives to sensitize the privileged mass of the country so that they come forward, take on the social problems of the country as personal challenges and fight them back. Smile Foundation has been using the most powerful medium - GOOD CINEMA to sensitise the mass , to engage, educate & empower young minds.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2019 EDITION:
Festival Dates: 9th-15th December 2019 (New Delhi, India)
Submission Dead Line: 15th Oct 2019 (Final)
Early deadline-31st August 2019 / Late Dead line: 15th October 2019
• Best Film (Feature-Children)
• Best Film (Feature-Youth)
• Best Director (Feature)
• Best Actor / Actress
• Best Story (Feature)
• Best Film (Short-Children)
• Best Film (Short-Youth)
• Best Story (Short)
• Best Film (Short-Children- By Young Jury)
• Best Film (Short-Youth- By Young Jury)
• Best Story (Short- By Young Jury)
• Best Student film
• Special Mention Plaques may be awarded at the discretion of the Jury.
• Certificate of Participation to all films presented in this section.
RULES & REGULATIONS FOR SUBMISSION
- Films produced only after 1st January 2018 are eligible for submission.
- Entry fees: 15 USD for feature film, 10 USD for shorts & documentaries, before early deadline (Free for Next-Gen -films made by Students, Take One – films made by Children & The Yellow carpet – Indian Showcase categories)
- Submission format: DVD / Online Screener link.
- Projection format: DCP/ DVD / BLU RAYS,HD Videos
- Materials: Film Screener, Trailer, 2 High Res Stills from the film, Directors’ photograph(Head Shot), Synopsis (Long & short both),
- Deadline: 31st August 2019 (Duly filled entry form & DVDs/Online screener must reach the festival office before 31st August 2019(For physical submission). OR kindly check for late deadline dates. But this deadline must be strictly observed. )
- LANGUAGE & SUBTITLES (Films must be submitted in their original language. Films in all language should be subtitled in English)
- All Indian films must be censored by CBFC.
THE FESTIVAL ACCEPTS ENTRIES IN THE COMPETITION & NON-COMETITIVE SECTIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CRITERIA OUTLINED BELOW:
1. INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION (BOTH FEATURE & NON FEATURE)
2. 70MM SMILE (NON-COMPETITIVE, VALUE BASED FILMS FEATURE & NON FEATURE)
3. THE YELLOW CARPET (ONLY INDIAN FEATURE FILMS, NON-COMPETITIVE)
4. NEXT-GEN (FILMS MADE BY STUDENTS, COMPETITIVE)
5. TAKE ONE (FILMS MADE BY CHILDREN)
1. FEATURE FILMS (Fiction: Live Action, Animation, 60 min and above)
The film should be a Feature Film.
It should have been PRODUCED AFTER 1ST January 2018.
Films should be in Digital format/DCP/DVD or Blu Ray
2. SHORT FILM (Fiction: Live Action, Animation, Below 30min)
All short films / documentaries shot on film or Video (Analog / Digital format) produced after 1st January 2018 within a running duration below 30 minutes are eligible for the festival.
Entries of all short fiction films / short documentaries / short animation shall be accepted only in DVD or online digital format.
3. SHORT DOCUMENTARY (Below 30 minutes)
All short films / documentaries shot on film or Video (Analog / Digital format) after 1st January 2018 within a running duration of less than 30 minutes are eligible for the festival. Entries of all films / documentaries / animation shall be accepted only in DVD or online digital format.
4. SPECIAL FILMS BY CHILDREN
Films made by children of any age group and shot on any format & any length are eligible for the festival
5. FILMS MADE BY FILM STUDENTS
Films made by Film students of any age group and shot on any format & any length are eligible for the festival (ID Proof issued by the school/college/university is required)
RIGHT OF PARTICIPATION
• Participation in the Festival implies adherence to the regulations below. It is the responsibility of producers, distributors, and sales agents, other organisations submitting a film to ensure that they are legitimately entitled to enter a film in the Festival and are in a position to make the exhibition and publicity material available for screening in the festival upon selection.
• In case of dispute of interpretation of the regulations of participation, the Festival organizers shall have the right to adjudicate on all disputes including those relating to the matters not specifically covered by Rules & Regulations, as well as allowing exceptions. The decision of the Festival Organizers shall be final and binding on the participants concerned.
• The festival Organizers reserves the right to exclude films which are not in conformity with the aims of the festival or which could offend the national feelings of any participating country or contain visuals/ dialogues that are discriminatory, offensive or inappropriate for young viewership, without giving any notice/clarifications.
• The festival organizers and/or Smile Foundation reserve all rights to publish the images,Working stills,Video footage, Posters, Trailers and/or all related publicity materials of the films selected in the festival SIFFCY anywhere at any point of time, without any restriction.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS WITH DULY FILLED AND SIGNED ENTRY FORM:
• Preview DVDs (region 0/5) of the film, labeled with the film title, director’s name, year of production, length, format ‐ Two DVDs of Each Film
• One DVD with the following information:
a) Filled Entry Form (PDF / Scanned)
b) Synopsis of the film (100 words for feature film & 50 words for Short films)
c) Two or more high resolution stills from the film (300 dpi)
d) Payment of entry fee for feature films (USD 15), shorts & documetaries (USD 10)
VIA - Electronic/ Wire Transfer ‐ (please email on email@example.com for bank detail)
Note: Do not send master tapes or film prints for preview screening, as the preview tapes/DVDs will not be returned.
-All material submitted to the Festival will be retained for archival purposes.
DISPATCH OF SUBMISSION MATERIAL
DVDs for selection must be clearly marked:
“For SIFFCY-2019 India , SELECTION AND PREVIEW PURPOSE, FOR CULTURAL USE only ‐ Not for commercial use.” The courier invoice should mention “No Commercial Value ‐ Value for Customs Purposes US$ Two / INR 100 only.
The cost of the courier charges for the preview material is to be borne by the applicant.
Additionally, the sender should inform the Festival by fax or e‐mail, the title of the film, the date and means of shipment, and the AWB number. The duly filled form & preview
DVDs and other material must be sent to:
Submission of films - SIFFCY
C/O Smile Foundation,
161 B/4, 3rd Floor, Gulmohar House, Yusuf Sarai Community Centre,
New Delhi – 110049, India
Phone: +91-11-46017409 l Fax: +91-11-41354454
Website: www.siffcy.org , www.smilefoundationindia.org
A selection Committee appointed by SIFFCY will select all films. The decision of the committee will be final. And there should not be further question of any kind to it.
• The films eligible for the ‘Feature film Competition Section’ must be: Fiction‐Live action (Feature length); Animation (Feature length)
• The films eligible for the ‘Short film Competition Section’ must be: Fiction‐Live action (Short); Animation (Short).
Films with duration of 60 minutes or more will be considered Features and films with duration of less than 60 minutes will be considered Shorts.
LANGUAGE VERSION, SUBTITLES & OTHER TERMS
• The cost of subtitling is the responsibility of the producer.
• English translation of the dialogue list must be provided to the festival organizers along with exhibition material.
• DVDs sent for selection will only be returned upon explicit demand and at the applicant’s expense. Requests can be submitted until six months after the Festival.
• Granting permission for post‐festival non‐commercial screenings of officially selected films is pre-approved by the rights holder/producer. This is applicable for all selected films.
• The deadline for arrival of the Film Prints/ Provided Exhibition Formats in New Delhi-India of selected films is November 30th 2018. The date stipulated for the film’s arrival in New Delhi must be respected at all costs.
SPECIAL REQUEST FOR NON-COMMERCIAL SCREENINGS AFTER THE FESTIVAL
SIFFCY - Smile Foundation, India is committed to sensitise children & youth through meaningful cinemas. Print as well as DVD screenings of Children’s films will tour the country different activities ! We request producers/right holders of films selected for SIFFCY 2019 to allow their films to be screened in non-commercial shows/screenings after the festival. We will not be able to provide screening fees for these films,but hope that we have your goodwill and support in reaching your delightful film to children across India.Exhibition Format for these non‐commercial screenings will be DVDs and digital/online.
RESPONSIBILITY OF THE FESTIVAL
The Festival Directorate will cover the storage and insurance of the films after receipt while they are at its storage facilities in India.
All disputes in respect of any matter relating to the SIFFCY-2019 shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts and forums in NEW DELHI, India.
Please Note: This is understood that you agree to all the Terms & Conditions mentioned here when submit your film and by default allow siffcy / Smile Foundation to conduct non-commercial screenings of your film during & after the festival. Also pre-authorize the festival organizers to publish all related video & photo materials of the film anytime, anywhere.
Festival Director - siffcy