South Asian Short Film Festival is the biggest Short Fiction and Documentary Film Festival in Eastern India. The festival is organized by the Federation of Film Societies of India (Eastern Region) which will take place in Nandan, Kolkata from 20-26 June, 2022 (in person). The first four editions of the festival had witnessed a great enthusiasm and appreciation from Film Makers, Critics and Audiences. In every edition we have showcased more than 100 films in different sections.
1. Satyajit Ray Golden Award for the Best Documentary
2. Satyajit Ray Silver Award for the 2nd Best Documentary
3. Satyajit Ray Bronze Award for the 3rd Best Documentary
4. Ritwik Ghatak Golden Award for the Best Short Fiction
5. Ritwik Ghatak Silver Award for the 2nd Best Short Fiction
6. Ritwik Ghatak Bronze Award for the 3rd Best Short Fiction
7. Mrinal Sen Golden Award for the Best Direction in Documentary
8. V Shantaram Golden Award for the Best Direction in Short Fiction
* Short Fiction (maximum 40 minutes) and Documentary (maximum 40 minutes) made after 1st January 2019 in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Maldives are eligible.
* Films must be subtitled in English.
* One can submit more than one Entry, but separate submission forms should be filled up for each Entry with separate Entry Fee.
* Films already available in any platform are also eligible, no conditon of premiere.
* Films submitted already in any previous edition of the SASFF are not eligible.
* Decision for selection of any film for competitive or non-competitive section or rejection of any film is the sole prerogative of the festival committee. No negotiation will be entertained in this respect.
* Any individual or organization holding the due ownership rights of the films can submit any number of entries.
* Festival authorities will have the right to screen any selected film (max. 5 screenings) in different cities of India on non-commercial basis.
* For promotional/publicity purposes, excerpts from any film (max. 60 secs) may be used on non-commercial basis.
* Legal jurisdiction: Calcutta High Court.