South Asian Short Film Festival is the biggest Short Fiction and Documentary Film Festival in Eastern India. The festival is organized by the Federation of Film Societies of India (Eastern Region) which will take place in Nandan, Kolkata in March, 2020. The first edition of the festival had witnessed a great enthusiasm and appreciation from Film Makers, Critics and Audiences. A total 179 short features and documentaries were showcased in the 1st edition and the second edition showcased a package of 271 films.
1. Satyajit Ray Gold Award for the Best Documentary
2. Satyajit Ray Silver Award for the 2nd Best Documentary
3. Satyajit Ray Bronze Award for the 3rd Best Documentary
4. Ritwik Ghatak Gold Award for the Best Short Fictions
5. Ritwik Ghatak Gold Award for the 2nd Best Short Fictions
6. Ritwik Ghatak Gold Award for the 3rd Best Short Fictions
7. Mrinal Sen Golden Award for the Best Direction in Documentary
8. V Shantharam Golden Award for the Best Direction in Short Fiction
9. P K Nair Critics’ Award for the Best Documentary
10. Chidananda Dasgupta Critics’ Award for the Best Short Fiction
* Short Fictions (Maximum 40 Minutes) and Documentaries (Maximum 60 Minutes) made after 1st January 2017 in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Maldives are eligible. Films must be subtitled in English.
* One can submit more than one Entry, but separate submission form should be filled up for each Entry with separate Entry Fee, Consent Letter and other attachments.
* Films available in YouTube or any other Web Platform are also eligible, if not submitted already for the SASFF 2019.
* Films submitted in SASFF 2019 are not eligible under any circumstances.