COVID 19 - With festivals all over the world being disrupted by the outbreak of this pandemic, we are regretful to announce that we are forced to postpone due to the state's regulation that make our venue on Roosevelt Island unavailable till next year. We apologize for this inconvenience, stay tuned for new festival dates. We urge you to stay safe and healthy.
We are thrilled to announce new judges for this year's festival! Academy Award winning screenwriter (Crash), Bobby Moresco, and longtime island resident, actor Vincent Spano (Baby Its You, Creator) Stay Tuned!!
Roosevelt Island Film Festival takes place in the heart of New York City on the stunningly beautiful, two-mile island, nestled between Manhattan and Queens and straddled by the 59th St. Bridge.
RIFF is dedicated to the discovery and development of independent American and international filmmakers. The festival seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film, and introduce audiences to new exceptional works. We are open to all genres. Special categories include Female Directors and Emerging NYC Filmmakers.
RIFF hosts screenings, panels and social networking opportunities for everyone involved. Leading figures from all disciplines of the film industry including distributors and media will be in attendance.
RIFF will accept films in every genre, on any topic from every country around the world.
The 2020 films will be selected by the Founders and judging juries. All selections will be posted on our site JULY 31ST, 2020.
GOLDEN TRAM FOR BEST IN FEST FEATURE
GOLDEN TRAM FOR BEST IN FEST SHORT
BEST DIRECTOR – FEATURE
BEST DIRECTOR- SHORT
BEST ACTOR - FEATURE
BEST ACTOR- SHORT
BEST ACTRESS – FEATURE
BEST ACTRESS – SHORT
BEST FEMALE FILMMAKER- FEATURE
BEST FEMALE FILMMAKER- SHORT
BEST EMERGING NYC FILMMAKER FEATURE
BEST EMERGING NYC FILMMAKER SHORT
BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE
BEST INTERNATIONAL SHORT
BEST COMEDY FEATURE
BEST COMEDY SHORT
RIFF Rules and Regs
1. RIFF accepts submissions for feature films, short films narratives
2. All films submitted must have been completed on or after January 1, 2015.
3. All films must be submitted with an online screener
4. All feature submissions must be between 60-100 minutes in length.
5. All short film submissions must be under 30 minutes in length.
6. There is no premiere requirement
7. ALL SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
8. All Submission media completed forms, and submission fees must be received by specified First, Deadline, Early Deadline, Regular Deadline, Late Deadline, Extended Deadline and no later that Final Deadline for each festival season.
9. All films and videos in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for the festival
10. SCREENING REQUIREMENTS: If your film is selected for exhibiton, please be advised that we will require: 1 Bluray or DCP plus DVD for archives.
11. LEGAL (By submitting you are agreeing to the following)
A. The Feature, Short, or Other Media I am submitting as my entry is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
B. I am duly authorized to submit this Production to the RIFF. I hold RIFF harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) or media en route or otherwise during the course of the Festival;
C. I hold RIFF harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry;
D. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the Production; I give permission for RIFF to use excerpts of up to three minutes of the Production for promotional purposes;
E. I give permission for RIFF to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the Production for promotional purposes;
F. I give permission for RIFF to screen the Production at RIFF event as well as at ancillary Festival presentations, programs, and/or events;
G. I own or have authorization to all necessary copyrights and licenses; (If requested) I will be able to provide model/actor release verification as well as provide music, product and other copyright licensing verification. As the Submitter/Producer, I agree to take on all copyright liability in regard to submitted film.
H. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into RIFF.