rolling ideas is dedicated to celebrating the works of filmmakers from all around the world, but we pay special attention to student films, independent feature films by first and second-time directors and indie or low-budget short films.
We appreciate films made without the benefits of large budgets and unnecessary technological sophistication. The festival encourages individuality and experimentation. With the rapid development of film equipment, cinematography becomes more and more affordable for independent filmmakers. All we need are new ideas and worldwide exposure for these ideas. So, now we need rolling ideas.
We discover and curate a unique collection of global Independent Drama, Narrative, Student, Experimental, Documentary, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Horror, Comedy, Music Video, Animation, Web Series, and other thought-provoking films.
We live in a world where everything around us has its digital correspondent. We watch our digital TV, we drive our digital cars, we speak on our digital mobile phones, we wake up after we hear a digital alarm, we go to sleep after chatting with our friends on the internet, and that’s not all. We are surrounded by digital. That’s why we created rolling ideas, the online platform where we can celebrate the digital culture.
Your film deserves an audience, and rolling ideas is the place where you can find it.
Each month, our jury selects the winning films for each of the following categories:
Best Indie Feature Film
Best Indie Medium Length Film
Best Indie Short Film
Best Low-Budget Short Film
Best Student Film
Best Indie Animation [Feature]
Best Indie Animation [Medium Length]
Best Indie Animation [Short]
Best Documentary [Feature]
Best Documentary [Medium Length]
Best Documentary [Short]
Best Web Series
Feature Film: 60-180 min
Medium Length Film: 20-60 min
Short Film: 5-20 min
Mini-Short: 1-5 min
Web-Series: 1-30 min/episode
rolling ideas is an international online festival dedicated to exploring and celebrating filmmakers’ work. The Festival is now accepting submissions from all around the world.
1. All filmmakers submitting a film to rolling ideas accept and agree to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
2. Submissions can be a feature film, a medium length film, a short film, a mini short or series which embrace any genre of film.
3. We will NOT upload films online. We use the links provided by you and promote them.
4. rolling ideas only accepts online registrations and submissions to be assessed. We accept films in any language. However, films not made in English MUST have English subtitles.
5. We accept films that have been produced after 1890 :D
6. Unfortunately, we cannot refund a submission fee once you’ve submitted your film. Please make sure you want to submit your film before doing so. Your fee is paid for your film to be considered. By no means does submitting your film guarantee that your film will be accepted for rolling ideas.
7. Here are some examples of accepted film genres: Absurdist, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Advertising, Art-house, Biographical, Black Comedy, Classic, Children, Comedy, Crime, Dance, Detective, Drama, Cult, Epic, Family, Fantasy, Gangster, Horror, Independent, Indie, Noir, Historical, Kids, LGBT, Magical realism, Musical, Mystery, Melodrama, Road Movie, Philosophical, Political, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent Films, Slice of Life, Social, Sports, Superhero, Supernatural, Surreal, Suspense, Thriller, Urban, Western, Zombie etc
8. We may use your promotional material/photos and/or information submitted by you to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote rolling ideas, events, its products and services, or all, and to showcase your film.
9. You own the copyright to your film as its author and represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during the duration of rolling ideas and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use your film and you will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
*If your film is selected, we will notify you and guide you through the next steps.
For further information please contact rolling ideas: ri[at]shorttothepoint.com.