IGNITE. AMPLIFY. ELEVATE.
We are changing the dates and venue to Spring 2020, we will keep you posted.
The re:imagine/DREAMFest is our invitation to young filmmakers seeking an impactful platform to share their stories and develop their dreams. This screenplay and film competition attracts creators from around the world and is an opportunity to network with peers and industry professionals, engage in workshops and panels, and promote your content to brands and investors.
re:imagine/ATL is supported by the re:imagine/Alliance of companies in media production including Warner Media, The Georgia Studio & Infrastructure Alliance, Mailchimp and many others. We believe that by activating young storytellers and supporting them through the creative process, we are cultivating the next generation of global leaders and changemakers.
re:imagine/DREAMFest will be held December 6-7, 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia.
Jury Awards – re:imagine/DREAMfest will award a $500 cash prize to the “Best of” in each of our six categories: Animation, Narrative, Documentary, SmartPhone Film, Silent Film and Music Video. For over $3,000 in total cash prizes in this category.
Screenplay Award - We’ll announce the winner of best screenplay for a cash prize of $500. Finalists will receive additional prizes. Top screenplays will be read by SAG-AFTRA members during a special event on December 6, 2019.
Other Festival Prizes & Awards – We’ll be announcing additional Special Awards closer to the festival. Including Best of ATL and Global Changemaker. Software, gear, and other prizes will be awarded.
- The film’s director(s) must have been under 25 years of age at the time of filming. Minimum age requirement is 14 years.
- Film length across each category should not be longer than 15 minutes.
- All music and other copyrighted material or images used in films must be properly licensed in advance by filmmaker.
- All films must be in English or subtitled in English.
- Entries can be publicly screened anywhere prior to the festival.
- Entries must have been completed on or after June 1, 2017 (within the past two years).
- Films selected for screening will be notified on or around November 1, 2019.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
- Entry Fee paid via FilmFreeway
- A working screener that is accessible via your film’s profile on FilmFreeway. Trailers, reels, or anything other than the film will not be considered. Likewise, if your submission screener is missing or inaccessible due to a missing or inaccurate password, we cannot guarantee that your film will be considered. Hard copies of submission via DVD will not be accepted.
- Director’s date of birth must be included with your application for your submission to be considered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The filmmaker has read and understood the rules and regulations and to the best of their knowledge, all statements are true. The filmmaker is duly authorized to submit this film to re:imagine/DREAMFest.
- re:imagine/ATL reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
- All accepted films may be screened more than once, and are scheduled at the discretion of the re:imagine/DREAMFest staff.
- Upon submission, the filmmaker consents to allowing their screener material to be shared in its entirety with appropriate re:imagine/DREAMFest staff, including programming staff, volunteer screeners, and other appropriate members of staff; shared with press outlets in efforts to secure press for the film; with final jury members; and with select individuals representing community partners who may be interested in supporting the film’s screening or taking part in a panel or q&a associated with the film.
-The festival is hereby also granted the right to utilize image(s) and/or biographical information of the filmmakers for promotional purposes. The festival reserves the right to fill in any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible if incorrect information is entered.
- It is the responsibility of the filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that may be used in the film. The filmmaker shall indemnify and hold harmless re:imagine/DREAMFest from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- By submitting your film to our Festival you grant re:imagine/ATL the right to use submitted films to promote the Festival, put excerpts of the film on social media channels and/or our website for marketing purposes.
- re:imagine/ATL does not pay screening fees or guarantee travel or distribution for filmmakers.
- By submitting, the filmmaker expressly acknowledges and agrees that they shall be bound by the terms of this agreement.