Howdy film makers! Red Wasp Film Festival is FLYING back to Bryan/College Station for 2020. BEE here May 15th and 16th for our expanded two day festival.
What’s the BUZZ?
Red Wasp is buzzing with delight to be offering a special exclusive VIP event to all selected film makers! This event includes an opportunity to view the newly released documentary ‘Cowboys’ by Bud Force and John Langmore with Ultralite Films premiering at Austin’s Film Festival in October of 2019. You will also have a chance to check out historic downtown Bryan and interact with some of the locals.
Another detail that's as sweet at HONEY: anyone entering a film in our animated category will have the opportunity to have their film judged by animators at Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks!
Bryan was originally a railroad town and has distinguished itself as a destination for vibrant art, great restaurants and distinctive shopping. Each street is lined with eclectic restaurants, shops, bars and art galleries that foster Downtown Bryan’s funky small town charm.
The Red Wasp Film Festival aims to bring high quality films from around the world to the Brazos Valley to increase film and film maker appreciation.
We proudly screen at the Queen! The Queen Theatre was originally built in the late 1800's as a hotel in the heart of Downtown Bryan. The hotel began showing silent films on the ground level in the early 1900's. The name "Queen Theatre" was officially given to the building in 1914 and converted into a fully operational movie theater in 1939. The Queen has been recently renovated and restored to its original 1939 glory.
A little extra STING: B/CS boasts a broad range of quality attractions. Texas A&M University - home of the famous ‘Viz Lab’, trains students who often go on to careers at Pixar, Blue Sky, LucasFilm and DreamWorks. TAMU also offers galleries and museums -- as well as the Bonfire Memorial, horticulture gardens, and iconic Kyle Field.
In addition to Texas A&M, there are several museums throughout Aggieland, including the nationally recognized George H.W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum, the Museum of the American G.I, Brazos Valley African American Museum, which is one of only three in the state dedicated to African American heritage, and the Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History.
Take the time to stop by the Messina Hof Winery and Resort, especially during the harvest season, visit the Tasting Room for a wonderful tour of the facility and a truly Texas wine-tasting experience.
BEE a part of something special here at Red Wasp Film Festival!
Cash awards will be given for the following categories:
Best of Festival
Best Short Film
Best High School Student Film
Best College Student Film
Best Texas Film
Award amounts will be determined after all film submissions have been received.
1. We encourage the submission of all types of short film (under 30 minutes). International films are welcome as long as they are in English or have English subtitles.
2. Films must be available for screening on May 15-16, 2020.
3. By submitting your film to RWFF, you grant Red Wasp Film Festival permission to screen your film if it is selected for this year’s lineup.
4. By submitting your film to RWFF, you agree to allow highlights or excerpts of your film to be placed on the RWFF website and used for marketing and promotional purposes. You also agree to allow RWFF to promote the following year’s festival with the above excerpts, highlights and/or trailers. RWFF will never solicit or screen your film outside the promotion of RWFF.
5. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires its own entry fee.
6. We have no premiere status requirements.
7. Films must have been produced no earlier than May, 2015 (5 years).
8. The only acceptable way to submit your film is via FilmFreeway, as an online screener.
9. Entrants will receive two free passes to the film festival for the duration of the film festival.
10. Entrants are responsible for all costs incurred to attend this festival.
11. In accordance with the RWFF policy, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of RWFF.
12. Filmmaker must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.
13. All entries must be submitted through FilmFestival by March 14th 2020.
14. Notification of selections will be by April 20, 2020. Only then will the film be considered for awards.
15. Acceptance in the festival will no way guarantee that you, your actors or crew will be offered paid transportation or lodging for the event. Discounts may become available as the festival approaches.
For further questions and inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org