Ransäter Filmfestival is short film festival that will be held for the third time may 26th 2018. It´s a one day festival and we might be the smallest filmfestival in the world. But our main purpose is to bring quality short to the small village of Ransäter. We think that it´s important that everyone has the possibility to see high-quality shorts from all around the world, so the people that live here in the province Värmland don't need to go all the way to Stockholm-, Gothenburg- or Uppsala Filmfestivals. And we might have the best screening place which is a big barn! (see photos above).
During the festival there will also be an art exhibition with local painters, sculptures etc. That brings an extra vibe to the festival. The festival ends with a price ceremony and then there will be a master class with the two winners. And we wrap it up with live music.
A jury of four will decide the two winners. The winners will be contacted in advanced, that´s to make it possible to bring you here. Because if you win you need to be present to receive the price money. But we will pay for you travel costs, food and accommodation during your stay.
First price: 800€ and a diploma
Honorable mention: 400€ and a diploma
Audience award (voted by audience): Diploma
Rules for Ransäter Filmfestival
1. Your movie must be made between 2016-2018
2. Your movie cant be longer than 30 minutes
3. If not in english or swedish, subtitles in either langues is necessary
4. All rights must be cleared; music etc. Ransäter Filmfestival is not responsible for any copyright infringement
5. If you have a submitted your movie you cant get a refund
6. To receive the price money you need to be present. But we take care of the expences to get your here