𝐃𝐮𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐫𝐮𝐬 (𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐃-𝟏𝟗) - the Live Screening and Awards has been postponed until further notice. We are continuously monitoring the situation in the US but we hope to make a decision soon regarding the screening.. It is our priority to organise the festival in a safe way for guest filmmakers and our audience and give everybody the chance to participate during the event.
- We sent the notifications to all Finalists.
- We will announce the Official Selections in September.
- The Official Selections were published on the Festival website.
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐔𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬:
Rainbow Cinema Awards is a film festival which celebrates the colorful, fun and diverse images of LGBT community in films.
Our goal is to challenge the stereotype and create a more realistic and positive representation of LGBT community showcased in moving images around the world.
Submission is open to all filmmakers with works that are LGBT themed, as well as films made by LGBT filmmakers about the community.
𝗙𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗢𝗪 𝗨𝗦 𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗬 𝗨𝗣𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗗
with festival deadlines, winners announcements and promotions, visit:
𝗟𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗟𝗦 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗘𝗥𝗧𝗜𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗦:
For All Category Winners
𝗚𝗢𝗟𝗗𝗘𝗡 𝗘𝗔𝗚𝗟𝗘𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗦:
- Best Film – Chosen from all the film/video category winners.
- Best Director – Outstanding achievement in direction from among the film/video category winners.
RULES AND TERMS
1. Submissions for the 1st edition of Rainbow Cinema Awards is open beginning February 2020
2. All films must be presented in their original language with English subtitle.
3. Films must have been completed after 1 January 2018. Premiere status is not required.
4. Short film entries must not exceed a running time of 45 minutes.
5. Student films and videos must present proper documentations from their academic institution, example: academic ID of the director/producer or a letter of recommendation from an academic adviser or institution. Any films submitted as student film without proper identification will be disqualified in the category.
6. Student films must be submitted no later than two years after graduation.
7. All submitted films and/or videos must pay the necessary entry fee. Student entries are eligible for discounted fees.
8. Entry fees are non-refundable in case of any submission withdrawal.
9. Any changes to the rules will be at RCA’s discretion.
10. All entries must be submitted online via FilmFreeway.
11. All submissions are screened and evaluated by the RCA Selection Committee.
12. Criteria for judging is based on creativity of visual images, production quality (irrespective of the cost of production), originality of storytelling and entertainment value. The Film Screenplay can be submitted as Unproduced or Produced script.
13. Submissions will be checked for their eligibility and judged only in their appropriate categories.
14. All Official Selections for each category will be announced at RCA website and CA social media platforms and will be notified through email.
15. The number of selections for each category is at the RCA Committee’s discretion.
16. Screening and Awarding Ceremony will be held at The Producer’s Club in New York on 30 June 2020. Any other announcements will be made on RCA’s official website and CA’s social media platforms.
1. Finalists will be announced a month before the film festival.
2. Officially Selected Films/Screenplays will be presented on the Notification Date
3. Winner of each categories will receive an RCA digital certificate with verification and a digital copy of the official RCA laurel.
4. Winners of the Best Film and Best Image Award and Best Director are chosen from the winners of the main categories. They will be handed CA’s official statuette called the “Golden Eagle” during the awarding ceremony.
5. Winners will be chosen by Juries composed of film industry professionals especially invited by RCA festival director for this edition.
6. In case of the recipients’ absence during the award ceremony, RCA will send the statuette to them via post.
7. The winners of Golden Eagle may get the chance to be screened at the other Cinematography Award film festivals.
8. Other additional award prizes may be given during the ceremony.
1. All official selections are included in the festival programme for exhibition.
2. RCA reserves the right to choose other shortlisted films to be screened in the film festival.
3. The filmmakers and/or production companies must provide RCA a copy of their films for screening at least 30 working days prior to festival. This is to make sure the festival has enough time to check for any technical concerns that may occur and resolve them prior to the screening.
4. If sending DCPs, the sender is requested to inform RCA on the means of dispatch and the date of shipment. Postage or shipment costs are the responsibility of the sender. No collect costs are accepted unless authorized by the RCA. Materials should be sent to Cinematography Awards Foundation:
FUNDACJA NAGRODY KINEMATOGRAFII,
Michalowskiego 8, 02-438 Warszawa, Poland
5. All screening formats can be returned upon the request of the participants after the festival screening. Please provide RCA with a return address. In case of non-confirmation of any return address after two weeks, RCA will return the screener to the address indicated in the original submission entry.
6. RCA is not liable to any loss of screening materials after they have been posted or shipped to the recipient.
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION
1. All films must be of standard cinema aspect ratio and resolution (Square Pixels 1.0).
Flat:1.85:1 2K (1998x1080) or 4K (3996x2160) Scope: 2.39:1 2K (2048×858) or 4K (4096x1716)
2. HD format is possible, but the filmmakers/producer must give RCA the rights to re-format it for screening purposes. HD quality digital copy of the film in Quicktime (Pro Res 422) if applicable.
3. H264 (MP4) files can be accepted provided the images are of great quality.
1. RCA is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival.
2. The filmmakers and/or the production company allow RCA to use their film’s Press Kit for promotional purposes.
3. The submission of any films to the festival means that the filmmakers and/or the production company agree without any reservation to all the rules and regulations of RCA
4. The festival answer the emails and questions during open submissions when our office is open.