UPDATE: qFLIX Philadelphia 2022 has been rescheduled to JUNE 19-22 due to pandemic concerns.
qFLIX Philadelphia 2022 (JUNE 19-26), a production of qFLIX USA, Inc., is an 8-day hybrid festival, and is the flagship festival in the qFLIX family of LGBTQ+ film festivals.
"qFLIX, is now one of the largest and most prestigious festivals of its kind in the world! It is ranked as one of the TOP 10 in the World" (GayCities News)
"qFLIX, is ranked among the TOP 25 COOLEST film festivals in the WORLD." (MovieMaker Magazine)
Our first festival was in 2014, was 5-days long and screened 35 films, we now produce 4 festivals, with 85 days of programming, and over 300 new and independent LGBTQ+ films from around the world.
All this success has been accomplished by an all-volunteer production team, who have embraced qFLIX’s mission as their own.
As a mission driven family of LGBTQ+ film festivals, we believe that our stories are the soul of our community and are best expressed in the arts. As such, these stories must be shared far and wide. Our stories gathered from around the world, educate, empower, entertain, and inspire a people to move further towards equality, and into a world that is not simply diverse and inclusive, but one that creates a sense of belonging for all LGBTQ+ people.
Come join our ever growing family of LGBTQ+ filmmakers.
Audience & Jury Awards:
Best Shorts (Cisgender Male & Female Identifying, Transgender or Gender Non- Conforming Identifying)
Best New Media
First Time Director
Thom Cardwell Grand Jury Award
Barbra Gittings International Human Rights Award
Harvey Milk Community Service Award
Marsha P. Johnson Image Award
Unsung Volunteer Hero Award
qFLIX accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during transfer or shipment to/from qFLIX Philadelphia.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.
2. ALL entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted for the purpose of submission review.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE Preview Copy in the accepted format. Three high resolution production stills or high resolution screen captures taken from your film, a log-line and short synopsis along with the director’s biography. Please be sure and note if your film will be any kind of Premiere: World, US, East Coast, Mid-Atlantic or Philadelphia.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled into English.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Producers.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in qFLIX Philadelphia 2022 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. If selected, filmmakers must provide a digital download to their film no more then 9 GB.
9. qFLIX Philadelphia is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless qFLIX USA, Inc., from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
11. By submitting their film to qFLIX Philadelphia the filmmaker agrees to allow qFLIX USA, Inc., to consider and use the submitted film for PrideFLIX 2022, qFLIX Worcester 2022, qFLIX XL 2022, and qFLIX Monthly.
10. By submitting their film to qFLIX Philadelphia the filmmaker agrees to waive any and all screening fees associated with the film.
qFLIX & PrideFLIX are registered trademarks of qFLIX USA, Inc, a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit.