qFLIX Philadelphia 2020 (March 22-29) is produced by qFLIX USA, the producers of qFLIX Worcester, and is rooted in 26 years of LGBTQ+ film festival leadership and tradition. We believe that experiencing our voices, stories and visions on film from around the globe, from birth to death, from the loved to the loveless, from youth to maturity, helps lift us forward as individuals and as a community. Film as an international language allows qFLIX Philadelphia to foster, support, and give access to independent filmmakers and to encourage and nurture younger ones in the art of filmmaking.
Our vision is to preserve the tradition of the exhibition of American and international lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and queer independent film in the Philadelphia region. qFLIX Philadelphia presents this film festival for, by, and about our community. We produce this festival for the education, entertainment, and enjoyment of past, present and future generations.
Audience & Jury Awards:
Best New Media
First Time Director
Cardwell Grand Jury Award
Barbra Gittings International Human Rights Award
Harvey Milk Community Service Award
Unsung Volunteer Hero Award
qFLIX accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from qFLIX Philadelphia.
1. Entries must be submitted by the date of the Final Deadline.
2. Entrants must submit an ONLINE digital version of their film for viewing consideration. NO DVD's, Blu-Rays or Computer Files will be accepted.
3. Entry forms and payment will not be processed without an accompanying digital ONLINE Preview Copy in the accepted format. Three high resolution production stills or high resolution screen captures taken from your film, a log-line and short synopsis along with the director’s biography. Please be sure and note if your film will be any kind of Premiere: World, US, East Coast or Philadelphia.
4. All entries must be in English or subtitled.
5. Please attach/write FilmFreeway Tracking ID on submission materials for tracking purposes.
6. Exceptions to the festival regulations must be authorized by the Festival Producers.
7. By submitting, the filmmaker agrees to let the festival use excerpts from their screeners for use in qFLIX Philadelphia 2020 trailers, publicity and promotions.
8. qFLIX Philadelphia is hereby granted the right to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it has all pertinent legal clearances and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Furthermore, once a film is submitted, approval is granted for festival screening whether it is accepted in other film festivals or not. The undersigned shall indemnify and hold harmless qFLIX USA, Inc., from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos screened or entered.
9. By submitting their film to qFLIX Philadelphia the filmmaker agrees to waive any and all screening fees associated with the film.